The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Frances Whittington as a clinician?

May be coming to the area if enough interest.... Worth shelling out for?

Jennifer

Jennifer -- I audited the clinic with Francis last November at Chatt Hills and he was fabulous. Here is the write-up (with some description, photos, and video) that I posted to my blog afterwards.

http://4stargazing.blogspot.com/2011...-gracious.html

I wasn't able to stay overnight to see the cross-country portion on Sunday, but Samantha Clark wrote up a nice re-cap of that on her blog at EN. I am a big fan of Francis (as a rider, trainer, and leader in our sport) and my estimation continues to rise after meeting him and watching him teach/ride last year. I had "heard tell" he was probably going to be in the NC area this winter, and I will drive all the way from TN to attend (whether it works out for me to bring my horse or not). He is very excited about working with ammies here in the states, so for an ULR (from Britain) to take the time to fly across the ocean to work with anybody and everybody who would like his help, well, then I will be there in some form or fashion. He would be absolutely worth "shelling out for"!

--Holly

Wish I knew, but the journey is interesting

One of the most elegant and quiet riders you will ever see, a pleasure to watch so worth going just for that. However, also a highly experienced horseman and competitor.

ThirdCharm, where/when is the FW clinic? Like Willesdon, I'm a big fan of his riding, so he might be a good one for us.

Also, it's Francis. Frances is for girls.

Yes- If you could please post info on the when/where of the clinic that would be great!!

Dates and location are in the works, but somewhere in the Charlotte nc area. Possibly the Ark.

Jennifer

Definitely worth it, I've been on a XC clinic twice with him now and really really rate him.

Hi everyone, glad to see we have some interest! Francis is a fantastic rider and trainer, and I am so excited at the prospect of getting him over here to do some teaching. I visited his yard in England back in June, and he expressed interest then in coming over at some point this winter...looks like now is the time to make it happen! I will be chatting with him soon to figure out the best time to fly him over. I'm thinking early February? What do you all think?

The Ark has offered to host so we will likely go there. At this time I believe we will do dressage and stadium jumping sessions, but I am open to suggestion. Certainly not opposed to including xc, but just trying to figure out how to make that work from a scheduling standpoint. Right now, I am looking at a one-day clinic, but if we have enough interest, we could certainly look at adding another day! Just have to be able to get things paid for. Organization of a clinic is new territory for me!

As I said, I am open to suggestion from all of you on the best way to pull this off. And just know, you will not regret riding with him - Francis is wonderful.

Thanks everyone! Feel free to get in touch with me!

Kelsey

Did a clinic with him last winter at Longwood in Ocala Fl.
    His method is really straight forward and great for all horses. He is easy to understand and love that when a horse in the group needed a bit more time on a question he did not make the rest of us stand around doing nothing with our horses but kept ours in the loop of excersises that helped the other horse get through the issue without being overwhelmed.