The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Jimmy Wofford

How this got by me I have no idea! Anyway, I just found out today that Jimmy Wofford is in my area this weekend. I'm going to audit CC tomorrow @ Willow Draw in Weatherford.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

OK. It's official, and I'll be posting ads, etc, probably on Monday.

Nicola Wilson will be at Locochee Farm in Middleburg, VA on January 26 and 27.

I'll post this in the Events forum as soon as I have all the details written up, but feel free to PM me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    If there is interest, I bet we could arrange dressage clinics with Jessica Ransehousen and James Dwyer at Blue Hill (indoor arena). Both are really good teachers and obviously totally used to working with eventers (including those on really green horses).
    scubed, where is Blue Hill? I'd love to get to a clinic with J.R. this winter!

Bonnie Mosser is having a one day jumping clinic at David Mesimer Stables in Concord, NC on Sunday December 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post
    It's in Unionville PA.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Default Winter Clinics in Aiken Sc

Lellie Ward of Paradise Farm is holding monthly clinics from Dec-May at Paradise farm. This is a complete training facility,with huge sand arena,competition quality dressage arenas ,show jumps of every kind and cross country courses from Starter to Prelim.Her clinics focus on teaching the riders how to learn to use specific parts of their bodies to communicate to the horse the jobs he needs to do.Lellie is a master at balancing horses and riders . She is articulate and will make sure you leave the sessions with a clear knowledge of what you as an individual need to do to improve your partnership with your horse in every discipline.Lellie also has stalls avaialable for long term training. Lellie is an International level rider and trainer now focusing on teaching and training horses.Contact her at paradisefarmaiken@gmail.com. Info on clinics www.paradisefarmaiken.com.She welcomes every level and wants to teach.

Francis Whittington (London 2012 Team GB Olympic reserve) is flying over from the UK to teach in the Charlotte area the weekend of January 26 and 27, with the option for private lessons the 25th and 28th. Contact klbriggseventing@hotmail.com if you are interested. She is still taking entries, so let her know if you'd like to ride with Francis in January!

Does anyone know of anything planned around the Wi/Mn/MI area?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    I was excited to hear Sinead Halpin was going to be in my area in Jan. Sadly, the clinic is only open to local club members, of which I ain't one I hadn't been able to come up with any benefit to having this club membership in years. Now I guess that would be: riding in this clinic
    I'm riding in this one in January - so very excited! Legging horse and I back up from a light fall schedule so that we'll be ready.

And I understand your perspective on the local EA, but being a member that is newer to this part of the state, it has connected me with other riders, a fab trainer, my great boarding barn, volunteer opportunities and scholarship opportunities as well as occasional benefits like this clinic. There was a similar one last year with Mike Huber, too.

Went and watching the N/T group of Jimmy this weekend, it was neat. And Jimmy opened my paseenger side door and almost got into my Tahoe - mistaken car identity. I not saying I would've locked the doors and whisked him away to be my personal trainer, but I'm not saying I didn't think about it.

So Jackalini, were you there Sun? I watched the 1st 2 grps.

I'll make a point of looking you up at the Halpin clinic!
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbritches View Post
    OK. It's official, and I'll be posting ads, etc, probably on Monday.

Nicola Wilson will be at Locochee Farm in Middleburg, VA on January 26 and 27.

I'll post this in the Events forum as soon as I have all the details written up, but feel free to PM me, too.
    Sent you my email via PM. I'm very interested in more and also know a couple of additional folks that might be interested in at least auditing.

Scratch that - I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't go through. My email is amy 540 at msn dot com.

Thanks!
    You can't fix stupid.

I am hosting a clinic with Jennie Loriston-Clarke from Feb. 7th-10th at my farm in Alachua, Florida. She is one of the judges at the next Badminton.

www.silveroakflorida.com

Quote Originally Posted by B Street Tango View Post
    Sent you my email via PM. I'm very interested in more and also know a couple of additional folks that might be interested in at least auditing.

Scratch that - I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't go through. My email is amy 540 at msn dot com.

Thanks!
    Wonder why it didn't go through?

I'm sending you info now!

Toadie's mom - I was there Sunday. I was the super tall blonde woman with the bright blue shirt and red bandana on my head (hiding my helmet hair). Unfortunately, due to other committments, all I could make it for was that one group. I got several great photos I plan on emailing to RB.

Definitely do come say hi at the Sinead clinic - I'll be riding in the N group on my little red-bay pistol of a mare with the state of Texas shaved into her rump.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post
    we could almost certainly arrange a clinic, but you can also just trailer in for private lessons (which are very reasonable).

http://bluehillfarmpa.com/Pages/TrainingServices.html
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!