The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    Isn't BRave Shot. The sire of AFR?
    Brave Shot Died in 1992.....

AFR was born in 1991, so that is his sire

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    Well I adore my Artax son and her GrandSire on Dam side Brave Shot I knew very personally...she looks like him..one tough sweet horse...

Yes, Brave Shot (GB) is the sire of A Fine Romance, and I love that horse.
    I bred to him 3xs when I was breeding racehorses.
    A beautiful, athletic horse with an exceptional pedigree,by Bold Bidder, out of Gay Missile - one of the great female families.

I like this mare a lot.
    The fact that she has that many races means a lot to me too - tough and durable, as were many of the Brave Shots.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

I have First Crack's full brother, who has been great. He's very athletic, sound, has really good feet and an amazing brain. He is probably one of the easiest horses I have ever worked with. Bombproof, slow, easy, and really really quiet. I would encourage anyone to seriously consider his sister.

ETA: If anyone is interested in her and would like to se pictures of her brother, feel free to PM me.
    Currently blogging for Chronicle of the Horse. Articles can be found here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/category...ryan-lefkowitz

So, the owner accepted my offer and now I just have to get her home
    BFNE, we can split years with her !

2 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

One of you breed her to Sarastro. There is frozen in North America.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

OOh, Viney. Now you have got me intrigued! What will that bring to the table?
    And which one - the Selle Francais?

PS, what do YOU think of her pedigree for sport? I value your opinion

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

He's a French AA, TB on top, who was the leading eventing sire in France before he died. He is the sire of the amazing Petrus de la Triballe who was undefeated in six FEI events in 2009 and 2010 before he was injured. He beat Mighty Magic in the 6yos at Le Lion. He was off a year and came back this year to come 4th in a CIC 1*, then jumped to a CIC 3* which he won. Was on the French team at Boekelo this year, but retired before show jumping.

Sarastro has had more than a few get who are UL eventers in France. He was tall, dark and handsome and apparently had a notable mind and temperament. If you google him, you'll come up with his French Website which has Bleu in the name.

There is a vet in Western Canada who apparently has a good supply of frozen.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    So, the owner accepted my offer and now I just have to get her home
    BFNE, we can split years with her !
    Sounds great Farm is almost done and I think she will make some lovely babies.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    He's a French AA, TB on top, who was the leading eventing sire in France before he died. He is the sire of the amazing Petrus de la Triballe who was undefeated in six FEI events in 2009 and 2010 before he was injured. He beat Mighty Magic in the 6yos at Le Lion. He was off a year and came back this year to come 4th in a CIC 1*, then jumped to a CIC 3* which he won. Was on the French team at Boekelo this year, but retired before show jumping.

Sarastro has had more than a few get who are UL eventers in France. He was tall, dark and handsome and apparently had a notable mind and temperament. If you google him, you'll come up with his French Website which has Bleu in the name.

There is a vet in Western Canada who apparently has a good supply of frozen.

Interesting. He might be perfect for one of my WB mares. I have a Dutch/TB mare (half sister to Rock on Rose) who I bred to a Selle Francais once already with nice results.

For First Crack...I was already think maybe Royaldik if I can get some frozen.

http://www.elitestallions.co.uk/inde...displayvideo=1

I saw him at Burghley Stallion show really liked him. Several of the British breeders I spoke with who had offspring were very pleased.
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

I am so glad you got her, EC.
    I just couldn't stop thinking about her after I saw her in your post, and was trying to figure out how I could get her here without a divorce resulting...
    She is a lovely mare - I am so happy she has found such a good home.
    That made my day!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I am so glad you got her, EC.
    I just couldn't stop thinking about her after I saw her in your post, and was trying to figure out how I could get her here without a divorce resulting...
    She is a lovely mare - I am so happy she has found such a good home.
    That made my day!
    It's not a divorce I worry about, it's that straight jacket I see hanging off the back of a chair

Congratulations...a FWIW I would look @ Coconut Groove..which not only gives you jumping but DNA of TB even though its frozen since he is gone....

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    It's not a divorce I worry about, it's that straight jacket I see hanging off the back of a chair

A friend just loaned me her elderly pinto pony as a companion for my weanling.
    I posted about it on FB..and my husband responded: "we have a pony??"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

A friend just loaned me her elderly pinto pony as a companion for my weanling.
    I posted about it on FB..and my husband responded: "we have a pony??"
    I could probably sneak another horse into my pasture, as long as it was brown, bay or black - and Mr. Heinz would never notice. If he can't notice the upturned water buckets or the blanket his horse took off and stomped into the ground, surely he won't notice another horse.

Too bad the mare I'm hoping to go look at in the next few weeks is a chestnut.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

That's the way it is around here too.
    If I stick with bay or brown, they all fit right in.

Mine has just given up. I just keep telling him that this REALLY is the last one I'm ever going to buy....

Where are these new pictures? Did you do a PPE? How far did the trainer come off the price? Plans for her?

Enjoy the ride - no I did not do a PPE. She is intended to be a broodmare - she was not 100% on her video and I am not interested in her for a riding horse. If she is sound enough, I would like to do a mare performance test with her, but I have no expectations after that race career. Hopefully , some down time will help. Apparently she has been in training /racing since Apr of 2011 with no breaks, as she was not let down last winter, although she wasn't racing.

here is a link to her new pictures - she actually has a great hindlimb, good shoulder, built uphill and her head is ok. Her neck is short, but I think will look better with some weight. Her legs are remarkably clean for 75 starts...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7870869&type=1

I know I'm a bit late in the discussion, but a friend of mine had a mare by an Appalachee stallion that she evented up to Prelim on. The owner was in a horrible car crash that left her unable to ride for a couple years, and she didn't have anything done with the mare to keep her training progressing while she was incapacitated, but the mare definitely had more upper level potential.
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King