The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default BWP papers. Have you got yours?

I'm curious to know if there are more people out there like me who had BWP inspect their horses but have not received their papers or had difficulty getting their papers but have since succeeded.

Perhaps it's normal for papers not to arrive for years after inspection? Is that the norm? I'm curious.

I've used other breed associations and gotten my papers within a reasonable amount of months, but not with BWP. Am I alone with this problem or are there are others out there in the same boat?

This is standard operating procedure. You are not alone. Do a search. How long have you been waiting? I know someone who went close to three years.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

BWP is notoriously slow getting papers to their owners. They are also impossibly slow with answering any correspondence. Check the website, they only update the main page and the stallion pages...still have congrats up from when I created their website in 2008. They still haven't updated their listing of Board Members, even though the new officers were elected in January 2012.

It is basically a one person show. You have to get in touch with Chris Sallee. Since she is a salaried official she should be responsible.
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

1 members found this post helpful.

Jeeebus. I'm at 1.5 years and annoyed, with no response to inquiries about them.
    They are notoriously slow at getting you papers, but awfully darn quick to cash your check.

Last I heard, they are coming. There was a dispute between BWP NA and Belgium. They say they have resolved it and papers will follow...
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions

Quote Originally Posted by HyperionStudLLC View Post
    Last I heard, they are coming. There was a dispute between BWP NA and Belgium. They say they have resolved it and papers will follow...
    Interesting that this has been the "reason/excuse" for more than 6 years. Seems Belgium likes to be paid first.

Yes, FairWeather, they cash checks quickly.

Very, very poor customer service.
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro