The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse audiobooks on sale today at audible.com for 5.95 - Secretariat and Seabiscuit

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=pd_rsp_1?asin=B004W4UKSW Secretariat
    Secretariat

UNABRIDGED
    by William Nack
    Narrated by Grover Gardner

Seabiscuit
    http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=pd_rsp_1?asin=B0049Q38VE
    Seabiscuit: An American Legend

UNABRIDGED
    by Laura Hillenbrand
    Narrated by George Newbern

Daily deals change...well, daily. There are many other horsey audio books, though these are the ones on sale today. I use audio books to make those long trips more pleasant and productive.
    “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
    Drew Carey

Thanks--I adore audiobooks, but the price always deters me. Just splurged on both Secretariat and Cider House Rules which was one of their other deals of the day.

If you look at audible's membership programs, the books become far more affordable. I was getting the platinum membership, with the individual books thus averaging about $12 each, but this year I cut back to gold. I prepay and buy the books with credits, and have the choice of paying cash for screaming deals so that I save my credits for the spendy ones. I'm sure you noticed that the Snowman book and others were available in the horsey genre, and there are a number of horse mysteries, though I've not yet indulged. I want to read one of them in print first before spending the credit or bucks to buy them. If you pick something that's a real loser, Audible will remove the book from your library and refund your method of payment. I wouldn't do this more than once or so per year.
    “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.”
    Drew Carey

Thanks....I was not aware of this site...am now and could be dangerous!!! I spend a fair amount of theme on the road and listen to audio books a lot.

Most libraries also offer audiobooks for download either as MP3 or WMA files. I have an audible subscription for the books I can't get from the library.

Audible also allows you to download books to several computers. My mother has an audible account and I frequently listen to the books she buys too.

I am completely hooked on audiobooks and probably listen to at least one/week!
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.