The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cat Facts Spin-off: Cat Politics

I have spoken with Cat Leadership and they'd like me to relay a message. Perhaps you have been in contact with them and have one of your own.

My missive to pass along:

Cat Fact: Cat skin is well-designed for the delivery of drugs. It is loose, accommodating of small needles and can tolerate some air injected along with whatever.

Therefore:

Cat Politics: Everyone should use sub-cutaneous injections only. Call your pharmaceutical compounder or do whatever you have to do, but use the skin only.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I noticed that this thread garnered no replies and had slipped down to page 2.

Perhaps you are scaredy cats, afraid to post what you know about Cat Politics. Fear is a fine excuse, but not for ignorance. So I'll help you out with another Law of the Cat:

It is universally illegal to pet a cat's fur backward. If you ask a cat for some kind of precedent or documentation, they'll point out (with their eyes) that it goes way, way back to the beginning. And since theirs is a pre-linguistic, pre-literate culture, there's no Cat Bible where one can go to find the chapter and verse.

But they think it's so obvious that one shouldn't need a formal reference.

Anyone know of a cat who likes to be petted backward?
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Default Baby likes being petted backwards

He's a big gray tabby and likes being petted backwards. He also puts his paws in water - sink, tub, water dish. So he doesn't seem to follow Cat Politics too closely - not sure why. He is the leader of the pride/colony though, through friendliness to the other cats, so maybe he thinks he's a Benevolent Dictator and above it? He even made Feral Cat feel so safe that now FC stands for Friendly Cat.

He is available for service with the state department.

I think Cat Politics must be a tricky thing, since at least half of the cats I've ever met believe themselves to be the Supreme Ruler Of The Cosmos yet, per regulation Highlander 1.0, there can be only one.
    Horsey romances written by a horsey person
    www.JesseHayworth.com

My cat, The Princess Sophie, has amended the universal law of not petting a cat backwards and has allowed us to do it on her head. She also reserves the right to change any laws at will.

Princess Sophie has determined that there is a need for a cat bible, now that there is voice recognition software (Dragon) and she will start after her nap.

1 members found this post helpful.