The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pessoa Saddle Question

My daughter has used this saddle for a year and a half. She's outgrown it now and I'd like to sell it. It's colored differently than other Pessoa Saddles and I'm wondering if anyone has a guess as to it's age. The flaps are a lighter tan color (that has partially worn off from the stirrup rubbing) and the knee rolls are darker brown as well as the seat. I've tried searching all over the internet and can't find a thing! [edit] Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Here is a link to another saddle on eBay that is colored the same way. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Euc-Rodrigo-PESSOA-PONY-Saddle-15-3-4-Includes-Leathers-Safety-Stirrups-Pad-/121024398963?nma=true&si=tQkcUNfH4mOMKRlGgVNORmfJK fQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Dec. 2, 2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: to remove details that veered into advertising

Contact Pessoa with the serial number. They should be able to tell you.

Can't tell you exactly, but I have a Pessoa like that that I bought new in '07 (also had another one that was older than that) I know a couple of years later they were making them all one solid color ('08-'09 maybe?) So it's definitely made before that. If you had a picture of yours it would help because the way they made them in the time when I bought mine is different than the ones made before that too so I might be able to tell you an estimated range.

If you could post a pic of your saddle, I am sure someone could help as well.