The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Such a timely thread. I am working with a mare now that interferes behind and I've been at a loss. I polo her to ride but she's doing it in the field as well. She's out all the time and in all weather so I didn't want to put boots on her for all the reasons outlined in this thread. I never would have thought of bell boots upside down in a million years. I'm going to try it.

Her issue is foot balance related and we are correcting it. She had years of bad trims prior to my picking her up so it's going to take time, but now I can save her fetlocks in the mean time
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

These are interesting:
    http://www.newequinewear.co.uk/shop-...ocks-and-wraps

Freedom S-T-R-E-T-C-H Turnout Socks
    Provides protection from below the knee and hock to the hoof.
    Supple, snug and secure-fitting , Freedom Turnout Socks will protect against the causes of mud fever and other skin irritations in the field. Easy to fit and keep clean, these boots are carefully shaped to the leg to avoid spinning or slipping and all seams are stitched with heavy duty rot-proof thread so they will withstand daily winter use.
    Machine washable, smart and effective, these stretchy and flexible socks are practical, affordable and 'Made in England' from high quality materials.
    Colour : Black
    The universal fitting means they can be used on either front or hind legs.

I've never held them or tried them but I thought you should see them in case the coverage area is what you are looking for. Also helps that they're currently 20% off .

By way of full disclosure, I do not work for N.E.W., just bought a pair of cross country boots I *adore* and am now ogling their fleece brushing boots for every day use.