The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PanaCavallo Bridle - reviews?

Does anyone have firsthand experience with the PanaCavallo bridles? I am specifically looking at the Elite Double as it seems to have the traits I'm looking for - contoured ear, padded crown, padded crank and minimal buckles on the face for a very refined head.

While I am a huge Jerry's Harness fan, his double bridles have too many buckles for this mare's refined head and the holes are too big. It's great quality but it looks clunky. Yuck.

I've tried the Otto Schumacher rolled double but was not happy with the fit over the crown once I added the padded crown piece.

I like the Albion KB Super Double but it doesn't have a contoured crown piece.

My internet search has led me ot the PanaCavallao Bridle that Trilogy is selling - comments? Love it/Hate it?

Try to find a Hennig bridle with their 'special' hooks.

I looked at the Hennig bridle online but it doesn't appear to have a contoured crown piece.

I have a PanaCavallo full bridle, possibly the same model, I liked the thick noseband and one piece crown with ear cut outs. Unfortunately, I bought it last year from Trilogy for my horse who I very sadly had to put down soon after, so I never got to use it. I still have it actually, brand new with reins and tags, but my current horse takes an over size and this one is a full. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it, it really is a pretty bridle.
    ponies! Ponies! PONIES!

ponies! Ponies! PONIES!

Sorry to hijack, but why do some double bridles have the curb rein with a little loop of rein held by a leather keeper? Just wondering as I saw it in the Trilogy link above.

I don't have a PanaCavallo bridle but I bought a PanaCavallo halter from Trilogy at the WDM last winter... It is absolutely gorgeous. The leather is lovely, the padding is super soft, and it looks basically new even with daily use (I will note that I only use it in the barn, he has a separate halter for turnout so his nice one doesn't become encrusted in mud). I got the one with the rhinestone rivets - I loved it but I wondered if the stones would actually stay in. I've had a lot of issues with stones falling out, for example on my Pikeur show shirt where one fell out the second time I wore it... But all of the stones on my halter are still present and accounted for almost a year later. Based on the quality of the halter I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their bridles, in fact I likely will when my youngster is ready to start under saddle. And the price was right too, I think it was only $80 at Trilogy's booth at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by FEI1Day View Post
    I looked at the Hennig bridle online but it doesn't appear to have a contoured crown piece.
    I had miss that little part in your OP I guess because you are right that it is not contoured but the padding and the way it is built, I don't think it could be more comfortable for the ear then that.

I was more referring to the 'less buckles for the raffined head'

Anyway, as for me, that the best bridle I've ever own so far in terms of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusoluv View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but why do some double bridles have the curb rein with a little loop of rein held by a leather keeper? Just wondering as I saw it in the Trilogy link above.
    It allows you to shorten the rein and let go of it and only use the snaffle rein.

I did see that the Grandeur Double has cheek pieces that have hooks similar to the Hennig. I wonder if Debbie would let you use those cheek pieces.

Ah!! Thanks baroqueNheart!

Quote Originally Posted by RedmondDressage View Post
    Based on the quality of the halter I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their bridles, in fact I likely will when my youngster is ready to start under saddle. And the price was right too, I think it was only $80 at Trilogy's booth at the show.
    80$

At least 180$ if not 280$ or 380$

As per their website, their 'cheapest' bridle is 299$, I'm sure they had special deals for during the show but not that much!

The 'Grandeur' Trilogy bridle has indeed the same type of 'buckles and seem to have as well the same type of padding at the crown!