The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Now that I saw the sale's video I can see that she IS standing in manure up to her ankles. Glad to see you spruced the place up for the occasion. Can't believe she hasn't sold! Barf.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Now that I saw the sale's video I can see that she IS standing in manure up to her ankles. Glad to see you spruced the place up for the occasion. Can't believe she hasn't sold! Barf.
    Snort. With a few round pen type panels viewable. OP, there's some reason you can't build a chute ... why exactly?

You're outed here. Your best bet would be to go away, deal with this problem however you are going to deal with it and really re-evaluate your breeding and management program. Seriously. Because it's dead obvious that there are some LARGE problems there.

6 members found this post helpful.

I told you, her hands are painted on.

5 members found this post helpful.

Laurierace, you are not looking at this filly. This filly has never had a video taken, much less a sales picture. She has not been on the market. I'm not sure who's video or sales ads you are talking about, but it's not this filly nor are they mine. Continue on. I am going to deal with this problem. I do feel awful that you are all dragging someone else down with me. You are not evaluating my breeding program as you do not know who I am, and as I said, one foal of all I've bred I can't get through to is not bad. My plan is not to rehabilitate her, but to bring her in, get her handled enough that she can safely for everyone and herself be put to sleep. That may take a day, a week or two weeks, but that is my plan.

2 members found this post helpful.

STOP TALKING! I would be happy to forward the youtube to the mods to compare with your username information if you would like. Poor Izzy. The link to the still of her standing in manure is on your profile.

7 members found this post helpful.

Once again. How do we know the OP is also the COTHer who apparently has a sales video/sales ad of a filly in poor condition?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by halteralter98 View Post
    Laurierace, you are not looking at this filly. This filly has never had a video taken, much less a sales picture. She has not been on the market. I'm not sure who's video or sales ads you are talking about, but it's not this filly nor are they mine. Continue on. I am going to deal with this problem. I do feel awful that you are all dragging someone else down with me. You are not evaluating my breeding program as you do not know who I am, and as I said, one foal of all I've bred I can't get through to is not bad. My plan is not to rehabilitate her, but to bring her in, get her handled enough that she can safely for everyone and herself be put to sleep. That may take a day, a week or two weeks, but that is my plan.
    I am so confused. If she can be safely vaccinated, why can't she be safely euthanized?

10 members found this post helpful.

OP... I am so confused here with your "clarifying" which feels more like back peddling... I was trying to figure it out but you are making my brain hurt.

The fact that you and your vet thought it was ulcers in her eyes makes it no better, you will win no points with that. I knew someone who did a "wait and see" on an eye issue. He had scratched it, it ulcered, and in just a week or two after the initial onset they were not sure they could save his eye. Eye issues are an emergency, sedate her however much is needed kind of situation. Please do not make this mistake with any of your other horses, absolute emergency.

Your filly needs a fly mask on desperately. Do whatever you have to do, a shaded pasture is not enough. In my experience, I haven't heard of a horse losing sight with UV and then regaining it after although I am not a vet, I just have awful luck with eye issues. Most likely she is having very bad light sensitivity which is making her react like that if the vision seems to be coming or going.

If she can have shots I do not get the problem here? Have the vet inject her with a heavy sedative, THEN halter her, then euth. No need for a long term project here, and if you already cannot work with her and she IS blind good luck trying to gentle her enough to make her act like a lady about it now.

Could someone PM me who we think this is?

Head desk....... You did say no vaccines in an earlier post. You can't keep a story straight to save your life. Where's the fruitbat? Add me to the list of peeps who want to know who this is
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

10 members found this post helpful.

Absolutely incredible -

horse is not blind
    horse is not feral
    your vet refuses to euthanise

BUT let's just kill her because ....

4 members found this post helpful.

How is it you can have vet do annual shots yet can't euthanize?

Backing away now. Good luck to this filly..
    Last edited by Crockpot; Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

I wanna link to the youtube dangit

It is a shame one will let it go this far. She should have been taken care of a long time ago.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

So that is where I am right now. Respect me or hate me. I am trying.
    Since you have decided to "give your filly a chance" while this bout of uveitis has subsided, I'd suggest that you have some work to do. If you don't get her more broke, you'll just repeat history the next time.

Can you put a cheap leather halter on her and leave it there?
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

1 members found this post helpful.

If that is indeed the horse in this thread she's really cute, especially in the most recent video. Wish the outcome could have been different.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

1 members found this post helpful.

And now the youtube is private. Big shock.

6 members found this post helpful.

STOP TALKING!
    LOL!
    Why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?
    ~ Dave Barry

Dude, we know who you are.

Bit by bit you are deleting sales ads, now you are marking sales videos to private. Are you going to take her off your web page, too? After all, you'd hate to miss a sale. I read somewhere something like she might make a nice small horse for the junior moving out of ponies or the small adult.

Go ahead and delete it, I am likely not the only one to save off a copy of your webpage.

Own it, you keep saying you'll take ownership. You HAVE to. You OWN that filly.

Who else in your lot of miscellaneous bay horses needs immediate veterinary attention? Where there is smoke I am certain there is fire- with that many horses slogging around in straight manure, there will be.

You can 'own it' all day long. But what is sad and troubling and I'm almost certain to be true- not a damn thing will be different in your head tomorrow than it was last week.

11 members found this post helpful.

i just want to point out to obvious. the fact that the vid and the ad were taken down does not prove anything. the actual owner (who may or may not be the OP) would NOT want their ad or their vid linked to this thread.

If that sales horse is not this horse - how do you think the owner is feeling having their horse now thought to have eye problems?

i really do not get why folks here behave like pack animals. who cares who the OP is? why do y'all feel the need to act like a bunch of starving vultures? who are you helping?

it is disgusting and a sad reflection on human nature and completley and utterly predictable.

unfortunately the OP didn't stop posting so this entire thread was written before the 2nd page.

i think everyone here should step back from their keyboards and look deep into their hearts and ask if what they are doing is positive and helpful.

to the OP: good luck with your filly. I don't know why you continue to post?

13 members found this post helpful.

If anyone is expecting PMs, remember that they are buried under that obnoxious thumb thingie.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    i just want to point out to obvious. the fact that the vid and the ad were taken down does not prove anything. the actual owner (who may or may not be the OP) would NOT want their ad or their vid linked to this thread.
    I find it super interesting that, if that's the case, she hasn't stopped by this thread to say that herself. Since she logged in yesterday and all.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."