The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

The suspected op has been posting so maybe we'll know....let's hope at least for the filly's sake.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by halteralter98 View Post
    Thank you, she has never wanted for food or shelter. Really she has had a great quality of life minus the uveitis flair ups. Her eyes will most likely clear in a few days, but this will happen again and even if I treat it, it will still come back to haunt her. Just because she is not handled and doesn't trust me doesn't mean she has a horrible life. She's never been cooped up, hit, whipped, etc. She's had the life of just being a horse. I guess the only difference is out in the wild the cougar would have gotten her by now.
    Yeah, except for the part that even if she were servicably sound, she would have little to no value in being rehomed because she is feral. Her "quality of life" would take a serious downgrade in most likely scenarios. Do the horse world a favor and stop breeding until you can put proper time and preparation on them so they can at least be handled. It makes me sick that you say you have bred 50 and this one's feet are fine from a "pasture trim".

3 members found this post helpful.

Another poster that is a bit late to the party.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    Another poster that is a bit late to the party.
    It's seemingly relevant.....been linked in the other thread about boarding barn in Pa...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    It's seemingly relevant.....been linked in the other thread about boarding barn in Pa...
    She's not late to the party at all...there's a relevant thread here. This is a good time for a heads-up and refreshing an old thread if there ever was one.

I have only read page 1, not sure I have a strong enough ability to tamp down my WTF!? and head-desk feelings to read more. Two things are obvious to me:
    1) The filly needs to be PTS.
    2) OP said 'This is the ONLY foal in 50 I've bred that has ever had human trust issues like this - do the world of horses a favor and do not breed any more. Someone whose program can churn out 50 horses but cannot find time/skill/environment suitable to prevent a young horse from becoming feral is not a 'reputable' breeder. What you are describing is puppy mill for horses, and/or a hoarding mentality.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

8 members found this post helpful.

Great sleuthing MistyBlue. Since you have figured out who this is, please do that filly a favor and call Animal Control to go put her out of the misery the OP's negligence has caused.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlbredfan View Post
    I have only read page 1, not sure I have a strong enough ability to tamp down my WTF!? and head-desk feelings to read more. Two things are obvious to me:
    1) The filly needs to be PTS.
    2) OP said 'This is the ONLY foal in 50 I've bred that has ever had human trust issues like this - do the world of horses a favor and do not breed any more. Someone whose program can churn out 50 horses but cannot find time/skill/environment suitable to prevent a young horse from becoming feral is not a 'reputable' breeder. What you are describing is puppy mill for horses, and/or a hoarding mentality.
    Yeah, seriously.

I must have missed this one when it first came out.
    It kind of made my head ache.
    Seeing that there is a current thread outing the person who owns this filly, I thought I'd post it here to relieve future readers of garnering a head ache.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...EED-THEM/page3
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLikeRain View Post
    Aspenlucas is the name that came up when I looked for breeders who'd produced around 50 foals. On her website http://frostyoaks.blogspot.com/2012/...ales-list.html she has a November '09 mare listed for $15k.

If another name came up for someone else then I am sure they will correct me.

ETA: http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-385000 is her ad at $950 which mentions she is "working on being halter broke" which is in keeping with the OPs posts.
    Yep, busted, bigtime!
    Jeanie

2013 sales list. Frosty isabella 4 years old and not halter broke!!. No mention of her eye problems.

http://frostyoaks.blogspot.ca/2012/0...ales-list.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    2013 sales list. Frosty isabella 4 years old and not halter broke!!. No mention of her eye problems.

holy batcrap....the pasture pictures aren't too bad, but dang...the interior of the barn looks like bievers ate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post

Yep, and with maturing at 15HH, I am sure there will not be a sea of takers swarming to the door for this one.

Still not halter trained...

We are going to put a top door on one of the stalls tomorrow and start working with her in the stall.
    I'm thinking this over. We built a stall that has a full door today for her.
    We made some more headway today with the situation and are going to work more tomorrow.
    I think I'm going to step away from this thread since I'm working with my vet on a solution for the kindest euthanasia for this filly.
    Working with the vet right now on the kindest way to let her go.
    This horse is not and has not been on the market due to her issues. I would not sell a filly with uveitis or with any other chronic or hidden issue. I am an honest breeder.
    I will take ownership for not putting as much time into her as I should have or could have, but life has made it so that I just wasn't able to. I have paid professionals to come help me with her.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

4 members found this post helpful.

Sdlbredfan, you got it exactly right on this one.

mbm will be back soon and calling us meanies.

GAK ffs

5 members found this post helpful.

The only amusing thing about this whole situation is the people who chimed in around page 14 to answer the original post. That cracks me up. Yup, no chance anyone has offered the same advice in 13 - 15 pages, we've all been wringing our hands waiting for a genius like you (who of course is much too busy/smart/important to read what anyone else has written.)
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

6 members found this post helpful.

Axl, the reason this thread was resurrected is that the same person who was the OP is now the subject of another thread re: starvuing her horses.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    The only amusing thing about this whole situation is the people who chimed in around page 14 to answer the original post. That cracks me up. Yup, no chance anyone has offered the same advice in 13 - 15 pages, we've all been wringing our hands waiting for a genius like you (who of course is much too busy/smart/important to read what anyone else has written.)
    Irony...telling other people they need to pay attention what other people have written.

You just might have missed something yourself, there, axl.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Axl, the reason this thread was resurrected is that the same person who was the OP is now the subject of another thread re: starvuing her horses.
    Yes, I know.
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian