The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post

MBM, if you were in the market for a horse, would you want to know this breeder's practice of actively neglecting and misrepresenting her stock?

i would do research but i would not rely solely on BB info. and if it matters - i have absolutely turned away from nice horses because of who their owner/breeder is.

MBM, I don't feel better for having participated in this. I don't feel better at all. Your motives for saying that like it's a fact are a mystery to me. I feel pity for the horses. I feel no pity for the owner. I am exasperated, aggravated, irritated.

Better, holier? Those don't figure in my heart or mind at all.

No one suggested that a BB would be anyone's only source. But it's a good source if you'll let it be what it can be. And sometimes that is not sweetness and light.

]

13 members found this post helpful.

soo.... let's just recap here: OP posts asking a question. The usual suspects converge like a bunch of vultures ,OP is outed (or not, who knows) now folks can pat themselves on the back - job well done!

but wait. what positive outcome happened here?

that's right none.

just a pack mentality of ugliness .

good job folks - especially during the holidays!
    Despite the dramatic flair you've used here for possible impact purposes...nobody is patting themselves on the back. Vulture or not.

You have no idea if there is any outcome, positive or not. More dramatics there. At least the alter knows she can't shoot a horse for having uveitis. And now she won't be asking for more freebies from the giveaways when she has more horses than she claims she wants. It wouldn't have mattered if people did research the name of the one asking for their giveaway...that information wasn't apparent.

Nobody from here will end up buying a chronic condition horse that "doesn't trust humans" from all the ads stating she was sound and healthy and just needed starting.

Hopefully:
    the OP will have learned that shooting a horse due to problems she caused (inability to treat it from lack of handling) is not an easy and cheap vet-free out and won't make this mistake again. And will get to work on handling and training the other 3 hardly handled horses she also has for sale to increase their desirability to good homes. And from now on I'd hope she'll be a little more serious about handling even the foals that aren't easy and fast to socialize. And stop taking in more "rescues" and "giveaways" until she can financially and physically care for them. And very hopefully will have the vet out now more often for serious health issues instead of trying to get free, inexperienced health care advice on horse BBs from strangers who've never seen her horses.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

20 members found this post helpful.

nothing that anyone posted here will prevent the OP or anyone else from euthanizing a horse.

it isn't going to prevent cruelty, abuse or even kindness. nothing happened here except a bunch of folks acted in an ugly manner.

that is what i don't get. if folks really and truly wanted to help - why don't they quietly behind the scenes offer to take the filly? (oh wait you cant do that because it rewards the owner!)

like i said nothing positive happened here. at all.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    nothing that anyone posted here will prevent the OP or anyone else from euthanizing a horse.

it isn't going to prevent cruelty, abuse or even kindness. nothing happened here except a bunch of folks acted in an ugly manner.

that is what i don't get. if folks really and truly wanted to help - why don't they quietly behind the scenes offer to take the filly? (oh wait you cant do that because it rewards the owner!)

My opinion?
    When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging, really!

I think this time you are defending someone that is cheating with the truth at several levels and jumping on those that are calling her to task.
    How do you think it is any more right for you to chastise them, no matter what reasons you invent than what you accuse them of doing?

Some times, we are right, others, we get taken for a ride.
    So what, sit back and see where this goes on its own, won't be the first time we fall for a story that was not quite what it seemed, whatever motivated this one OP.

21 members found this post helpful.

I wonder if that was the impetus for the post in the first place? Hoping that someone would step up and say they would take the filly and either care for her or put her down? If so, I can't take any more horses but could come with my trailer and we could herd her into it and I could take her to be put down.

11 members found this post helpful.

Bluey -

I am not defending anyone. I am merely pointing out the obvious.

2 members found this post helpful.

Hey now, I offered to come help get it into a trailer. Turns out I'm WAY too far away, but the offer was made. I didn't get the feeling money was the issue either, but the lack of experience.
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    ~ Maya Angelou

She is about 150 miles one way from me but I don't see this coming to an end soon if someone doesn't step in.

2 members found this post helpful.

Bluey -

Once, right, keeping at it, maybe overkill?
    Just my opinion.

From what I see, she is so cheap about paying for any kind of vet care or advice for her horses, having neglected mares and foals dying in delivery, posting excuse after excuse for why vets won't/can't/refuse to come out to her etc., that if somone came and got the filly and put it down for her, she'd be getting probably just what she was after by posting this thread - out of having to do it or pay for it herself.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

13 members found this post helpful.

let's just put it this way - i am the kind of person who cant stand idly by while hoards attack or bullies bully. and like i said - if the intent was to help the animal involved - none of what happened here did that.

My neighbor has a back hoe and will bury for us in the field. Money is not an issue here, it's doing what is right and making sure that everyone is safe while doing it.

Some have asked what the vet wants me to do. The vet is not huge on just euthanizing.
    Honestly, the emotions aren't conveying much except that you seem to have a need to be right.

So from now on, if anyone sees or hears of a horse neglected and in pain from lack of caring on the part of the owner and not from lack of funds...and if that owner is actively trying to sell the horse with lies about it's condition....and if that owner is still actively breeding for more and also actively looking for even more free horses...then the only proper and corrrect thing to do would be to keep quiet and approach them in a covert manner to purchase that horse or take it for free off their hands to free up space and money for them to acquire even more. Others are to quietly take on that financial and time consuming responsibility because to do otherwise is mean.

According to you.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.

Apparently it's obvious only to you. I'm not sure anyone else is quite sure what exactly you mean. Going by what you type it seems you think the responsibility and onus for this fiasco is on the part of the readers and nobody should ever tell the person who willfully caused the problem that they did anything wrong.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

19 members found this post helpful.

MBM, I just thought I would tell you that I've read this thread and all your comments on it, and many many other threads you post on, and for all your whining about how mean and judgmental other people are, you accuse them when they have legitimate concerns to call abusers and liars out. You, on the other hand, are more mean and judgmental all the time than those you bluster about, and your reasoning isn't sound. IOW, you're more mean and judgmental than those you whine about and I just thought I would make that statement.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

29 members found this post helpful.

let's just put it this way - i am the kind of person who cant stand idly by while hoards attack or bullies bully. and like i said - if the intent was to help the animal involved - none of what happened here did that.
    The responses weren't intedned to help a horse. They were intended to call out an animal abuser, and a poster who lies and misrepresents her animals. She neglects them and those of us on this board who find that unconscienable have spoken up and given reasons why. You on the other hand, seem more intent on trying to silence people who speak up when someone lies about their horse care and when someone neglects animals, by shaming those who speak up. Shaming, MBM, is more cowardly and bullying than outing an abuser. Shaming is the ultimate bullying tactic and you do it in spades.

21 members found this post helpful.

I still don't understand how the filly can be caught to vaccinate but can't be caught to euthanize. I guess I feel like the story isn't true in one way or another. Hopefully not as awful as the Musical Jumper story. Or chanter. Or...who was the poster who pretended they euthanized their horse because of corns?

It's posters like that who get you assuming the worst in posters like this. The warning bells start to sound the same.

18 members found this post helpful.

mbm, I don't think that you can ,with any credibility, accuse people on this thread of bullying someone who is dishonest in their postings.
    People on this BB (who for the most part Do want to help) when asked for advice, expect to be told the truth, not have their time wasted by someone who is jerking them around.

20 members found this post helpful.

I am so thoroughly confused I don't know which end is up...Good luck to all involved, especially the filly
    Certified Spiritual Medium/ Animal Communicator
    www.heatherevebristol.com
    www.meliorastables.net

4 members found this post helpful.

If you read this from the begining, the confusion begins to fall away and your own sense of bogus and honest kicks in pretty well. At least for most of us.

7 members found this post helpful.

I offered free training ...

but the present owner of this filly is only interested in ... well, I've no idea really ...