The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I find it super interesting that, if that's the case, she hasn't stopped by this thread to say that herself. Since she logged in yesterday and all.
    Ha. Well, now that you've given her that idea, she'll pop in her to defend herself in 3.....2.....1......

2 members found this post helpful.

Laurierace, you are not looking at this filly. This filly has never had a video taken, much less a sales picture. She has not been on the market. I'm not sure who's video or sales ads you are talking about, but it's not this filly nor are they mine. Continue on. I am going to deal with this problem. I do feel awful that you are all dragging someone else down with me. You are not evaluating my breeding program as you do not know who I am, and as I said, one foal of all I've bred I can't get through to is not bad. My plan is not to rehabilitate her, but to bring her in, get her handled enough that she can safely for everyone and herself be put to sleep. That may take a day, a week or two weeks, but that is my plan.
    The coincidences are amazing then.

This alter and another Cother both often mention having bred/raised 50 foals.

Both have an 09 filly born in November.

Both have same aged filly unhandled and not halter broke.

Both are breeders that have moved farms in the last year, from renting to owning.

Alter said:
    She's been in a barnyard (Large enclosed stall with baby friends). We no longer are renting that barn.
    Video from other Cother shows filly in exact same unusual setup.

Both charge $200 for board.

Both have asked the same tax questions.

Both say they vaccinate their young stock without haltering out in turnout.

Both of their November 09 fillies were fine and able to be handled and haltered before weaning, both were weaned late and both became feral after weaning.

Both state serious health issues, lack of vet care for silly reasons, become surprised when others find their lack of vet care for serious issues shocking, regroup and magically missing vets are showing up or chatted with on phones, serious issues become a lot less serious and both alter and Cother are now doing everything they said they wouldn't/couldn't do with vets that wouldn't/couldn't show up.

The odds of all that being coincidental are kind of astronomical.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

18 members found this post helpful.

8 videos were removed.

Alter logged in earlier, alter logged out, regular name logged in, logged back out and then alter logged back in.

Just do what's right by all of your horses, please. This one is suffering, UV is very very painful and nobody is believing the banamine on the food story change or the vet working with you now.

Seriously work on your plan from late last year and thin the herd as much as possible even if you give some away. Or free lease out some. Pare down to the bare basics and those who are being boarded/you're not financially responsible for. Not using the vet so often on multiple horses has not benefitted the animals at all. We all understand how astronimically expensive even basic vet care is for a couple/few horses. It adds up fast to enormous debt. Having so many that you cannot afford is never a good idea. Also please stop taking in "rescues" and freebies. You know by now: there's no such thing as a free horse. And if you can rehome rescues so fast, you can do the same for your own. Before someone else has to rescue them from there.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

10 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=halteralter98;6699178]Here feet are fine. She has great feet, small, perfect feet. She's not locked in a stall, they were fine. We have great soil and most of the horses the farrier just rasps off. So don't worry, no elf shoes on her.
    QUOTE]

I'm calling b#llsh%t on this response! No way will her feet be fine! If the others got rasped then she'd need some rasping done too (you do realize they grow right? and can get long even on "dirt"!!

My 3 yr old was in a field until we got him a month ago.....and guess what.....he stands nicely for the farrier because he GOT farrier work (same as you say just some rasping) but he also stands for the vet because guess what..........he had his shots AND teeth checked AND health check up AND gelded! He also liked and knows people and even though had not many manners he knew how to lead and be caught (and let me tell you he's learned manners FAST! There's no excuse........NONE AT ALL for how you've let this filly go!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    The coincidences are amazing then.

This alter and another Cother both often mention having bred/raised 50 foals.

Both have an 09 filly born in November.

Both have same aged filly unhandled and not halter broke.

Both are breeders that have moved farms in the last year, from renting to owning.

Alter said:

Video from other Cother shows filly in exact same unusual setup.

Both charge $200 for board.

Both have asked the same tax questions.

Both say they vaccinate their young stock without haltering out in turnout.

Both of their November 09 fillies were fine and able to be handled and haltered before weaning, both were weaned late and both became feral after weaning.

Both state serious health issues, lack of vet care for silly reasons, become surprised when others find their lack of vet care for serious issues shocking, regroup and magically missing vets are showing up or chatted with on phones, serious issues become a lot less serious and both alter and Cother are now doing everything they said they wouldn't/couldn't do with vets that wouldn't/couldn't show up.

The odds of all that being coincidental are kind of astronomical.
    Dang. that's some serious sleuthing. My curiosity is killing me on who this person is......

8 members found this post helpful.

Agreed. A PM please?

I've been sleuthing all morning, and I'm not half the CSI that MistyBlue is. I have turned up almost nothing.... of course whose to say that the OP isn't going back and deleting 'incriminating' posts on here. I have a hunch... but it's probably wrong.

I usually try to stay out of these types of things, because COTH can be a rough place, but this situation is shocking to me. If the OP is a regular poster, he/she HAD to have known that this was going to turn into a trainwreck. There is no way that, with the facts that were given, it would have been lots of 'jingles' and the whatnot that I think the OP was looking for.
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

5 members found this post helpful.

Just searched, nothing coming up.
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

Because I am trying so hard NOT to write the meeting summary out of the notes sitting on my desk, I'm 99% sure I know who MB is claiming the OP really is.

And now I'm embarrassed for even admitting that I took the 10 mins out of my day to figure it out. But also slightly pleased with myself lol

Now. Must write meeting summary. Must write meeting summary.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

3 members found this post helpful.

Y'all seriously need to work for the FBI...
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I think the saddest part is this alter's real sn has been active on the giveaway's board, showing interest in picking up a new animal or two.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

5 members found this post helpful.

WOW.JUST.WOW

If you do search the forum it will come up... (in relations to the clues)
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    i just want to point out to obvious. the fact that the vid and the ad were taken down does not prove anything. the actual owner (who may or may not be the OP) would NOT want their ad or their vid linked to this thread.

If that sales horse is not this horse - how do you think the owner is feeling having their horse now thought to have eye problems?

i really do not get why folks here behave like pack animals. who cares who the OP is? why do y'all feel the need to act like a bunch of starving vultures? who are you helping?

it is disgusting and a sad reflection on human nature and completley and utterly predictable.

unfortunately the OP didn't stop posting so this entire thread was written before the 2nd page.

i think everyone here should step back from their keyboards and look deep into their hearts and ask if what they are doing is positive and helpful.

to the OP: good luck with your filly. I don't know why you continue to post?
    I don't buy that since there haven't been any actual links to videos or ads, and most of us have no idea who the alter is alleged to be.
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

15k for the very healthy and hardy filly? Has that alway been the price?

Answering my question, No.

Found an ad for 950 on EquineNow

1k on Equinehits

PS: I have Snapshot everything. Including a pic of the youtube
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

3 members found this post helpful.

Aspenlucas is the name that came up when I looked for breeders who'd produced around 50 foals. On her website http://frostyoaks.blogspot.com/2012/...ales-list.html she has a November '09 mare listed for $15k.

If another name came up for someone else then I am sure they will correct me.

ETA: http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-385000 is her ad at $950 which mentions she is "working on being halter broke" which is in keeping with the OPs posts.

7 members found this post helpful.

If the ads poof you can send me your email address and I can show you pics...
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

I just noticed the sad irony in her sire/dam:

(All Eyez On Me X One Man's Gamble)

I noticed the same thing when I first found her....
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

If those are the "sales" pictures....I shudder to think what we're not seeing.

6 members found this post helpful.