The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

so alto (or crockpot) why don't you take the filly?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    so alto (or crockpot) why don't you take the filly?
    Ummm, why would they? Both seem to agree that filly should be euthed (alto directly, crockpot saying more that the filly might've been salvageable had OP put in the effort when she was a yearling); I saw neither jumping up and down wanting this thing.

OP seems to want to euth, most posters here including the 2 you mentioned seem to be on board with the idea of euthing (if not supportive of OP's handling of the entire situation - and now if the sales ads are indeed about the filly under discussion, I don't see how anyone could support the OP) - why would anyone else need to bother about the damned filly? OP will kill it, even if she receives a roasting on here instead of supportive buttpatts.

8 members found this post helpful.

COTH usually has some very good sleuths, but I'd like to believe that the horse that the OP is offering for sale is a different horse, and that her ads fairly represent the horse she has for sale. There's just too much not to like about the whole situation if the filly being discussed in this thread is the same one she's advertising for sale as sound. I hope the filly has a peaceful passing as soon as possible.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

I have gotten bored with these threads. Euthanise, likely the best solution or at least the most humane. Stop agonizing and just move on

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Maybe stop trying to sell her then?

Last year:

Will make a nice small horse for a junior? A horse who you've said trusts nobody and can't be handled to the point it's let to suffer through painful recurring bouts of uveitis...great horse for young rider.

Current Dreamhorse:

Last ad updated a few weeks ago. Blaming her lack of handling on some fictitious neglectful buyer who had her for some time? Recurring Uveitis isn't considered sound.

bad enough neglecting her. worse trying to foist her off as a sale.
    Damn it.......busted.
    “It’s amazing what you can achieve when you make something mandatory and fine people if they don’t do it."
    Jimmy Fallon on Obamacare.

Sorry Mistyblu, you don't have the correct horse. This horse is not and has not been on the market due to her issues. I would not sell a filly with uveitis or with any other chronic or hidden issue. I am an honest breeder.

Working with the vet right now on the kindest way to let her go. It's too bad that everyone that jumped on me hasn't seen this filly. Other then the current uvietis bout she's had a good life. She is a happy, healthy filly. I can't change your minds because she is not your horse, you don't know her history and haven't walked in my shoes. I do care about this filly though, I've admitted I screwed up, and I'm trying to do what is BEST FOR HER. Not what is the easiest for me at this point. Thank you to everyone that has PMed me notes of support. You don't realize how much they all mean to me.

5 members found this post helpful.

Well good for you OP to have more than one unhandled/not halter broke horse as a result of your breeding program!

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alibi_18 View Post
    Well good for you OP to have more than one unhandled/not halter broke horse as a result of your breeding program!
    ??? Not sure what you are talking about. This filly is the only filly we've ever had that has been difficult. All others we've been able to handle, have gone to new homes, trained by their owners. Owners rave about them, have repeat buyers. Unfortunately Mistyblu is incorrect. Imagine that!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Ummm, why would they?
    oh, I don't know.... since they (and others) are so condemning of the OP and so concerned for the filly in question, I figured they would want to step up to the plate and help the filly..... but i guess the real motive is just to make the OP feel bad - not concern for the well being of the filly.

typical....

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by halteralter98 View Post
    ??? Not sure what you are talking about. This filly is the only filly we've ever had that has been difficult. All others we've been able to handle, have gone to new homes, trained by their owners. Owners rave about them, have repeat buyers. Unfortunately Mistyblu is incorrect. Imagine that!
    Is this not your recent ad on Dreamhorse for your "other" filly?
    She is sound with no vices. Strong filly with correct conformation and lovely mover. She was sold as a filly and purchased back. She unfortunately has had minimal handling and is not halter broke yet. Price will increase with more training.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    Remember, there has been no vet examination, diagnosis, treatment, management... yada yada...let alone basic hoof care , annual vax.....

Great. We are meanies who point this out. I don't believe the OP has raised 50 foals. Sorry, I don't believe it.

Last year:

Will make a nice small horse for a junior? A horse who you've said trusts nobody and can't be handled to the point it's let to suffer through painful recurring bouts of uveitis...great horse for young rider.

Current Dreamhorse:

Last ad updated a few weeks ago. Blaming her lack of handling on some fictitious neglectful buyer who had her for some time? Recurring Uveitis isn't considered sound.

bad enough neglecting her. worse trying to foist her off as a sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by chai View Post
    Good sleuthwork, Misty Blue. Reading through the OP's first post, I was just horrified that anyone would knowingly let a bout of Uveitis go untreated in a horse. I've had Uveitis and it is excruciating. Maybe if you'd experienced something like that personally, OP, you would have worked a little harder to gain that filly's trust, treat her eyes and thus, change the course of her life. This is one of the saddest posts I've read in a long time. Poor filly.
    I have to say this thread has taken an interesting turn. After all of this information, all I can say is the OP has no business breeding horses. Period.

There is no excuse for the poor treatment this filly has endured. This horse is here because YOU chose to create it, and you have done one of the worst things a human can do in this situation which is let her down.

Please do all horses a favor and don't breed anymore. Please do this filly a favor and either put the time money and effort into making her comfortable, or spoil her rotten to the best of your ability and then kindly let her go.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

12 members found this post helpful.

oh, I don't know.... since they (and others) are so condemning of the OP and so concerned for the filly in question, I figured they would want to step up to the plate and help the filly..... but i guess the real motive is just to make the OP feel bad - not concern for the well being of the filly.

typical....
    Oh give me a break. OP is a BREEDER, not a first-time clueless owner. I expect any BREEDER worth that title to either ensure their youngstock is able to be handled, or to do the right thing and be ready to dispatch it.
    And I'm totally behind making a BREEDER feel bad is they admit they can't handle their stock, don't have the facilities such as chutes to get it vet care if it can't be handled normally, and don't even have the balls to dispatch it without whining all over a forum about their ~feeeelings~.

No concern for the filly's future is needed from forum members, OP will clearly kill the unfortunate critter. As she should've done a while ago.

12 members found this post helpful.

- not concern for the well being of the filly.

typical....
    Who would want a unruly grown up 3 yrs old that is ill???
    I think we all agree this filly should be euthanised asap.

We have actually been more concerned for the well being of this filly than the OP have for the past 3 yrs.

Sadly, what is typical are neglectful owners...

Well said, JenM, from start to finish.

This thread was sad two days ago, and has gotten more disappointing today.

OP, I'm unclear why you wish folks could see her as though that would change their opinion. She's not halter broke, I'm assuming her feet have not been done, vaccines not done etc etc etc. I'm not sure how seeing her would change the deck you've stacked against her.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

6 members found this post helpful.

Born the same month of the same year, not halter broke.

4 foals that year, only one was born in November.

Not to mention you've said all other horses/young stock are halter broke, handled, etc and you state in multiple ads that this one isn't halter broke and hasn't been handled much.

Equinehits:
    a Nov 09 filly. She is the victim of a winter baby and a busy summer. She is coming around but is not halter broke yet
    She is a pretty mover with a typey face and short back. No vices, no conformational faults or health issues.
    Equine.com
    coming three in November she is a ________ that will mature around 15.0 hands. Lovely mover with good conformation. She has not been worked with a lot. Price negotiable to a great home

Unless you've just never mentioned on your own website of another birth tht month in that year that you've also not handled at all or halter trained.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

11 members found this post helpful.

Thanks MBM, I think I'm going to step away from this thread since I'm working with my vet on a solution for the kindest euthanasia for this filly. Unfortunately I am now being pegged as someone else. We made some more headway today with the situation and are going to work more tomorrow. Everyone here seems to know all the answers. I didn't come expecting anyone to hold my hand and knew that there would be backlash. But until I was on COTH I didn't realize people donated horses to cat sanctuaries for meat. That was the first I had heard of euthanasia by gun as a valid option. After talking with some breeders I realized it was more humane in many ways. Just thought it may be an option that would be easier for her. Vet is still formulating a plan.

Keep sleuthing Mistyblu, you may figure me out yet! Unfortunately for you, my secrets are still safe. I'm going to do my best for this filly. I know I've failed her with her handling but I'm trying to make it up to her from here on out.

3 members found this post helpful.

good luck OP - I feel for you and the filly. agree not posting anymore is a good idea. no good can come from this continuing.

Horseville:
    [FONT=Arial]This filly is bred for hunter/dressage/eventing or driving. She is a pretty mover with a typey face and short back. No vices. Filly has been out 24/7 and is not halter broke. Price reflects this. Stallion and dam are on premises. [/FONT]
    Ad added october 13, 2012.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

How did Misty figure out who was behind the alter?

Quote Originally Posted by halteralter98 View Post
    Sorry Mistyblu, you don't have the correct horse. This horse is not and has not been on the market due to her issues. I would not sell a filly with uveitis or with any other chronic or hidden issue. I am an honest breeder.

Working with the vet right now on the kindest way to let her go. It's too bad that everyone that jumped on me hasn't seen this filly. Other then the current uvietis bout she's had a good life. She is a happy, healthy filly. I can't change your minds because she is not your horse, you don't know her history and haven't walked in my shoes. I do care about this filly though, I've admitted I screwed up, and I'm trying to do what is BEST FOR HER. Not what is the easiest for me at this point. Thank you to everyone that has PMed me notes of support. You don't realize how much they all mean to me.
    So you have ANOTHER filly that isn't halter broke either??? Please, just stop breeding. Just STOP. You are doing a disservice to these horses.