The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FSS bridles

Anybody have one or seen one? Thoughts? Quality? I see them on eBay constantly and they seem to always go for around $100, but was hoping maybe I could snag a good deal on a figure eight bridle.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

I have had two from a similar line called Heritage. I was pleased with both of them (one brown, one black, both with flash nosebands), but FYI they did run quite large. You may need to size down. If I remember the seller had measurements available for the different sizes.

1 members found this post helpful.

I bought the figure 8 on Ebay. Quality was pretty bad; fit was not great. You can get something better for the money.

I recently bought one of their bridles (one with the colored padding + a crystal browband). I love it, it looks cute and is great for a schooling bridle with some style. I also wouldn't hesitate to take it into the jumper ring or a schooling dressage show, but obviously not the hunters, because, well, it's padded in blue. I get compliments on it all the time, though.

The leather quality is pretty good, IMO. I like it better than the SmartPak bridles. It did require some oiling, but with care and use it has softened up well.

I ordered the full, and it is just a titch large on my very-much-horse-sized-head TB. Not huge, but not a perfect fit. I think part of it is that I got mine with a crank noseband for the padding. A different noseband might be different.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase! :-)

Mine is a little older, but its GREAT quality, and I love it. Only thing I didn't like was that it runs HUGE. Mine is a figure 8 with same color padding and crystal brow and on the figure 8. its gorgeous, just...big!

I bought the rolled double bridle from them. For an inexpensive knock off, it is really nice. I didn't have $400+ for a double bridle. I am enjoying it so far and have not had any issues with it!

Seems like people either love or hate them!
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

I have two I bought more than 5 years ago. They have been used in multiple horses and are in pristine condition! I'm a true fan.