The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Back on track or liquid Titanium blanket

Older arthritic horse and the owner is looking at the Liquid Titanium Blankets to help relieve the pain and improve joint mobility. I have never used such blanket and did a little digging online, did not find much, but did find one that sold on Ebay for 35 bucks.

I have used Back on Track products in the past and I know they are great. But I don't want to bully the owner into getting what I want since I do not have any experience with what she wants.

The price is roughly the same, give or take a few. The titanium blanket can be machine washed and dried the BoT products are wash in cold and no dryer.

Titanium blanket looks to be worn under a blanket or as a stable sheet. BoT products can be worn turned out.

Horse in question is turned out with other geldings 24/7 in Pa. So since they are looking to blanket him with either of these products they are going to need to blanket him to keep him warm since they are laying his coat down.

Thoughts?

ETA: After speaking with the person that was looking at the blankets I have come to realize that this horse is not old or arthritic. Its a 9 yr old that needs; a BoT blanket, some massage and chiro work and retraining on how to use its body correctly.

Thanks everyone for your input!
    Last edited by MunchingonHay; Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added more info after talking with trainer

no body? come on CoTh ...I need what you do best...your opinions. LOL

Never heard of Liquid Titanium but don't know of any BOT products that can be worn in turn out either. At best they can be worn in the stall.

I have no experience with the Liquid Titanium blankets, but I do have the BOT Mesh Sheet. I am quite certain it is helping my cold-backed TB stay looser. I would not, however, ever turn him out in it without something over it. I think it would be ruined quickly. Perhaps they make a turnout blanket??

They don't make turnouts. Just a sheet, mesh sheet and stable blanket. I wish they would make a fly sheet!

the BOT products definitely help with certain kinds of problems; I've never heard of liquid titanium, so of course I googled it. It sounds like it should work in similar fashion to BOT's ceramic fabrics- both claim to work by reflecting body heat back as far infrared radiation. However, BOT actually has done some scientific studies to prove their products work; vs. most of the descriptive statements next to the platinum products sound like basic quackery- put a bunch of fancy "science" words in and make claims to get the suckers to buy it.

Yes I agree with everyone that the BoT products are great, I wear the ankle brace.

Good to know you cant turn out the horse while wearing it. It looks rugged on the website. Plus with it being winter they would need to supplement with a winter blanket anyway, since its cold out.

I am going to ETA my OP for more info.,

Back on Track does make a winter turnout blanket (http://www.backontrack.com/ca/produc...ug-frost-330g/)

Plus their Classic Rug can be used outdoors (depending on season). (http://www.backontrack.com/ca/produc...and-rug-royal/)

Rhinestone,

Looks like you have access to different products in Canada. Might need to use your address later.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinestone_cowgirl View Post
    Back on Track does make a winter turnout blanket (http://www.backontrack.com/ca/produc...ug-frost-330g/)

Plus their Classic Rug can be used outdoors (depending on season). (http://www.backontrack.com/ca/produc...and-rug-royal/)

Wow, I have never seen those before! 330g is way too hot to use around here but I would love a sheet. It wouldn't let me click on a size though.

I think it knows we are in the US and not Canada.
    I could not see any prices either.

I Love my friends up North. should I ever need other products from BoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Wow, I have never seen those before! 330g is way too hot to use around here but I would love a sheet. It wouldn't let me click on a size though.