The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

According to Facebook there is some dead chick in my closet whose going to rip my eyes out at 2am, since I scrolled past the picture. Yea.... come at me (insert word of choice here).

My Grandma recently acquired an account, and, bless her heart, feels compelled to 'like' every picture of a staving child, beaten dog, and homeless man to "show her support for the cause!!!" We've tried to explain to her that she's not actually helping anybody when she tells us that she just saved a 3 eyed snake from prostate cancer, but she doesn't understand. She's almost 90 so we just let her go now.

I have yet to see the Stacy Westfall bit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

1 members found this post helpful.

I saw it on a HORSEY friend's page the other day and wanted to be like...seriously? You actually believe this? And had to correct her that Stacy is not infact deaf/mute and a well known trainer who has been very outspoken about the thousands of hours it took to be able to ride Roxy like that.

The one though that I thought was a crock and turned out to be true is the NYC cop giving the shoes to the homeless man. The cop showed up on the Today show this morning, with the actual tourist who snapped the picture. Go figure!

I told my aunt that she's not a deaf/mute, and in her next comment she said "i just love to see special needs people doing amazing things!"

um. OK.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

The table/shelter one, I like that. I don't think it's real, but, I'd like to see something like that in person. I think it would be a hoot. Someone has a real imagination.

I saw the SW link but didn't look at it.

On another site, a poster said she posts outlandish things because she gets bored and it tickles her pink to start stuff. Okayyyyyy....
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

This meme has hit my FB wall a few times. I've corrected it where I've seen it.

Obviously she didn't watch the very first of the video where the deaf and mute Stacy is seen talking to the men at the gate. lol

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dare1 View Post
    Obviously she didn't watch the very first of the video where the deaf and mute Stacy is seen talking to the men at the gate. lol
    I saw that too!
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Ugh, I only saw it posted once, but I had already "corrected" a few people about the darn onion misinformation so I felt I had done enough for one day.

I must have totally missed the deaf/mute part, maybe I was too amused by the fact that the American Indians had invented reining.

2 members found this post helpful.

I have seen it on FaceBook from a rider. I corrected her, gently, I hope. now that I think of it, I got the Stacy video by a non-rider.
    grrrr

The thing that kills me is that she is an AWESOME trainer and the skill and training that has gone into that ride is overlooked!

The forward of the Stacy Westfall video that made it into my FB feed had her blind, deaf, and mute, and the horse belonging to someone else and only having been ridden for 20 days. I'm surprised they didn't have her diagnosed with some bizarre illness and facing foreclosure to boot.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MyssMyst View Post
    I have set about correcting everyone on my friends list who has posted it. Really, it drives me up a freaking wall. It takes just a few seconds to google something.
    Remember, these are the same people who vote also.... so I can understand how they would believe it as after all it was on the internet

Ahg, it came across my FB feed the other day. The bad part here is that it was posted by a former HS classmate. Stacy lives close to here and we went to HS with her husband. Another former classmate quickly corrected it and reminded her who Stacy is married to. Kind of funny...I am sure it will be back again...

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    The table/shelter one, I like that. I don't think it's real, but, I'd like to see something like that in person. I think it would be a hoot. Someone has a real imagination.
    It is real, however the story about being built as a shelter because of some regulations is false. There are a few more photos at the snopes link.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/horseshelter.asp

I was reading through the crossed Saber thread last night and trying to make sense of the eyeball bleeding website and saw he had a facebook.. So I wandered over to check it out.. She had this video on her wall and said "I didn't know she was deaf, that is amazing, and look she is even signing in the beginning of the video!"

I wonder, if she is deaf how can she pick music to dedicate to her father? I realize deaf people can feel the music in the vibrations, but come on people!

2 members found this post helpful.

I marketed a Stacy Westfall clinic this summer and was in fact sitting next to her husband Jessie and their amazing two sons the whole clinic. I also went to dinner with her and her family and interviewed her, so this stupid viral video makes me pretty angry. Stacy is an awesome, down to earth person. I watched her cry as she talked about losing Roxy and Vaquero. She is one amazing horsewoman, I was absolutely blown away at the clinic and will go the next time she has one here.
    She addressed this ridiculous deaf/mute notion on her blog, the first time this went viral last year, so she is very aware of it. She lets stuff like this roll off her back. Very admirable!

Side note, when we're all correcting people, can we please also remind them "deaf/mute" isn't a phrase in favor anymore? Its tacky, inaccurate and offensive. As a signer I think that annoyed me more than the misinformation.

Besides the deaf mute error, she had had the horse since it was a youngster, and had won some BIG competitions on her. Funny how e are all seeing it now....for me it has been twice this week.

Just watched the video- twice! That was an awesome ride!!

Any idiot would know she had to spent a whole more time than 20 days with that horse... well, almost any idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by RHdobes563 View Post
    Is she also dating a 'French model' that she met on the Internet? LOL.
    because 'it was on the internet so it has to be true'......