The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My sister's beautiful friesian stallion now has the perfect home! *long*

It has been a long hard road. She loves her horse, but cannot afford to do anything with him, and can't enjoy him anymore because she hasn't the time. Riding alone is very lonely for her, and unmotivating when she can't afford lessons. What else does she do? He was a gorgeous friesian stallion with so much talent and potential, but she couldn't use it. She decided to sell him, but part of her didn't want to. Her trainer put him up for sale (sooner than my sister expected and hoped) and soon there was someone interested. My sister was nervous, wanted to still have contact with him, be able to see him at shows, get breedings from him etc. (some of you remember my post about that) But soon realized that if she was going to sell him, she had to let go, completely.

Lady came to look at him, flew in from CO and had plans of looking at him this weekend, and fly to PA next weekend to look at more. My sister wasn't there, but I was as the "groom" or "spy" to check out the family to see what they were like. I instantly liked them! And had good feelings about them. The trainer rode for about 10 min and said "that's all I need to see, he's wonderful!" They fell in love, and made an offer (only a little less then listed price) and decided not to go to PA for they wanted to look no further. I wasn't sure what to do, my sister was unavailable at work, wasn't sure if she wanted to accept that offer. Trainer said "do it! That's a deal!!! This never happens at this price!" but my sister said "wait, it's too fast, I want to meet them, see them ride etc" She had never even met them. She was scared, but took rest in knowing that I was there.

I ran and picked her up from work, had her meet with the client, and the lady instantly hugged my sister and said "I LOVE YOUR HORSE!" (the people had to leave that after noon so things had to move FAST!) My sister's trainer wanted her to accept lower price, thought it was good for this economy. But my sister didn't feel comfortable with that, and gave a counter offer. They gladly accepted, and said she could have 3 breedings to him if they breed him in the future. (client's trainer has a breeding farm, and husband is a vet, they intend on keeping him a stallion, and if they decide to breed him, we get 3).

My sister never asked to keep in contact, wanted to, but knew that she needed to let go, but they offered, and said "give us your email, and we will send pictures and updates!" "oh and we love visitors so come see him any time!" It was such a Blessing! We prayed that the Lord would have His hand on this, and He did and Blessed us greatly!"

We went out and did a final photo shoot the day he was leaving, and he loaded on the MASSIVE trailer beautifully, even had to walk past several horses sniffing him while he turned and walked down a narrow walkway on the trailer. He was a pro!!!!

It took me a bit to share, things happened so fast, but we were thrilled that he is going to a wonderful home! The lady wants to do some simple riding, and lower levels and love on him, and her 23yo daughter wants to take him farther through the levels. They loved his personality and he was a great match for them!

Thank you all for all the advice you gave for me when I had Tobias, and for my sister when she had Beshaert. I shall now go cry my heart out because we are now a horseless family.

My sister with roses!
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...3/IMAG1336.jpg

Me and him saying goodbye
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...3/IMAG1377.jpg

such a sweetie!
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...3/IMAG1374.jpg

getting a butt massage! lol,
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...3/IMAG0385.jpg

so precious! My sister and Beshaert
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...3/IMAG0381.jpg

Loaded like a pro!
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...IMAG0392-1.jpg

Congrats that everything went well, hope the horse is happy in his new home.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Not sure why she would want three more when she doesn't have time for the one she has but congrats on finding a great home.

She wants three more for the future. One for her, once shes married if things work out. One for me, when I get married, the guy I'm interested in wants horses and can afford them. And one for my mom, when her and my dad get back on their feet, she has always wanted a baby. It's not saying that we will end up with three babies that we need to do something with, but when/if we are able to take them in the future, we want them from Beshaert.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Not sure why she would want three more when she doesn't have time for the one she has but congrats on finding a great home.
    To resell.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

This is not an approved stallion, so are you looking at breeding crosses?

Quote Originally Posted by ViewParadise View Post
    This is not an approved stallion, so are you looking at breeding crosses?
    Yes. Breeding just for personal use. not to sell. We loved him, his gaits, movement, temperament, personality, EVERYTHING! But me personally, I don't want a full blood friesian. Not my style. But I would love a friesian arab cross. I have seen them and they are beautiful! And to have a bit of Beshaert in my own horse would be wonderful.

Aw those were beautiful pictures Tobias. Sounds like he has a lovely new home.

P.

Beautiful horse, beautiful pictures, and it sounds like a wonderful if bittersweet conclusion to this chapter of the journey....
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com