The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Now what???

Our hunt season here in NH ended yesterday. I had the most incredible Fall of my life, and am so sad that hunting is over now. My horse and I got out 26 times - so clearly we were obsessed! It was so much fun, with really great people, both old and new friends.

Any ideas to ward off the depression that is bound to ensue? What do you do at the end of season to stay motivated with your riding?

Bummed I had to work and couldn't hunt yesterday. Although the Lyman meet on the 24th was lovely!

I use the down time in the winter to relax and enjoy strolling on the trails with my horse. By springtime, we're bored with that and ready to start working again.

Can't believe you went out 26 times! (of course, I would if it weren't for the need for a day job) I think Daatje went out 18 times. Will we see you at the party on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Daatje View Post
    Can't believe you went out 26 times! (of course, I would if it weren't for the need for a day job) I think Daatje went out 18 times. Will we see you at the party on Saturday?
    18 times is a lot considering you are working!! And sadly, I can't make the party Saturday - we have a conflicting party. I know you will all have lots of fun!

You could always make a trip down south. We've already had a couple of Canadian hunts down here in VA this past month.
    "I couldn't find my keys, so I put her in the trunk"

Wow! You sure do have to stop early up there! When is your first cubbing?
    Yes, I know how to spell. I'm using freespeling!

freespeling

Quote Originally Posted by altjaeger View Post
    Wow! You sure do have to stop early up there! When is your first cubbing?
    First cubbing is mid August. And yes, we stop all too soon, but the ground gets very hard and frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTied View Post
    You could always make a trip down south. We've already had a couple of Canadian hunts down here in VA this past month.
    That is a fantastic idea, and I am planning a trip to Aiken in March, so I guess I shouldn't be too depressed! But it seems like such a long way off, and I seem to have a twice a week addiction at this point!

Thumbs up Come!!

Ole Virginny awaits you! Come soon! It's the peak of formal season and there's a buncha fun Cothers willing to host you! And a plethora of hunts to choose from!

Stop in on the way to Aiken! Come on down to Virginia!

Virginia! Virginia! Virginia! Virginia!

Enough enabling yet?

You are all very evil!! I looked up "enabler" in the dictionary, and your pictures were there!

While your waiting to get to VA you might want to check with Tanheath Hunt in CT...they may still be hunting, the groung here is not too hard yet.

Come to Arizona.

The formal season for the foxhounds has only been going a month and Opening Meet for the beagles is next Sunday. We'll be going now through March!
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~