The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Event trainers near Bellingham, WA?

A student of mine is now at college at Western up in Bellingham, WA, and she's looking for an event trainer to get lessons from up there. She didn't bring a horse with her to school, so they'd need to have a lesson horse. Any suggestions I could pass on to her?
    Blacktree Farm
    Lessons, training & sporthorse sales. Proud supporter of our buckskin German Warmblood stallion, Yeager GF.
    Blacktree Studio
    Graphic Design, Web Design & Photography.

Don't know anyone specifically in Bellingham, anymore [the one person I know who lived there has moved to Oregon- you probably know her too ], but your student's not far from the Canadian border, and could cross over to ride with Nikki Ayers at Harmony Stables (<10minutes from the border in Langley), or Chelan Kozak or Sabrina Glaser-Levere, both also in Langley.
    Another owner of A Fine Romance baby who has grown up and joined the fun!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

You might contact Meika Decher at Polestar Farm (Lake Stevens area) and see if she has any contacts up that way. I think that would be too much of a drive, but I'm not that familiar with the distances up there.

There is also a Facebook page: Area VII Adult Riders that she could join and get information from, which might be the easiest, quickest answer.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

There is also Jessica Heidemann who's about 30 minutes from Bellingham. She competed at Rolex a few times. I've heard lots of good things about her!

http://www.cainlakestables.com/aboutme.html

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes, I've thought of Jessica - she is a great rider. 1/2hr is a pretty long drive though, would love to find someone closer.

Some good leads mentioned so far, thank you so much everyone and please keep them coming!
    Blacktree Farm
    Lessons, training & sporthorse sales. Proud supporter of our buckskin German Warmblood stallion, Yeager GF.
    Blacktree Studio

Sabrina Glaser comes down to give lessons in Bellingham. My mother owns a small boarding barn in Bellingham (she also teaches at Western), and she takes lessons with Sabrina and is an active eventer. If you pm me your student's info I can forward it on and have her contact her.

There isn't much right in Bellingham, Jessica Heidemann is probably has close as most of the other options. Fox Bay is a bit north of Bellingham, but they have a trainer and lesson horses. New Song is north as well, it's a nice facility, I'm not sure who is teaching there these days or if they have lesson horses.

I graduated from Western in '10, I rode the whole time I was there and loved it. If your student needs any other help please feel free to put her in contact with me!
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

Quote Originally Posted by Lone View Post
    There isn't much right in Bellingham, Jessica Heidemann is probably has close as most of the other options. Fox Bay is a bit north of Bellingham, but they have a trainer and lesson horses. New Song is north as well, it's a nice facility, I'm not sure who is teaching there these days or if they have lesson horses.

I graduated from Western in '10, I rode the whole time I was there and loved it. If your student needs any other help please feel free to put her in contact with me!
    Thanks!!
    Blacktree Farm
    Blacktree Studio