The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Animals with Facebook pages.

I'm personally not in the Facebook Universe. But as I understand it, many animals are.

So what kind of things do they post?

Who follows 'em?

Can you see the individual animal in the FB posts, or is it clear that they have a publicist with opposable thumbs typing in stupid stuff now animal would care about?
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Some are re-posts of website feeds (ICanHasCheezBurger), others have amusing content with photos of/about the animal (Colonel Meow), and yet others have the animal as a central player but the content is updated by the human(s) involved (Run Henry Run).

The good thing about Pages is that most of them are open to the public, so if you find a link to one that you'd like to check out, you can cancel past the signup screen and view the content as a Facebook user would.

I had some vets who created FB pages for each of their inbred black-n-whiters (cats), who all looked the same or like one very busy, omnipresent cat.

I never knew how many there were until they each had an on-line presence.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    like one very busy, omnipresent cat.
    You mean they aren't all that way? I swear mine can teleport....

I had a profile for my previous miniature schnauzer. He had a big local fan base and had around 100 friends and over 200 pictures. Whenever he had a playdate with another dog a friend would snap a picture and upload it to his profile. I also had roommates who tended to dress him up or make him pose with the cats and take pictures.

He passed away very unexpectedly and tragically last December. People used that page to express their support and share memories for days afterwards. His page is still up but I can't bring myself to shut it down.

Weird I know but Murphy worked his way into the hearts of a lot of people during his short time on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by VaqueroToro View Post
    You mean they aren't all that way? I swear mine can teleport....

(Were talking about Ubiquitous Cat here). I guess it evens out with the ones you think still live with you but never see. You just know that they are cashing their checks.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Okay, so I really am wierd because my all time favorite facebook animal page is the one for the cobra that got lose from the Bronx zoo last year. Seeing where that animal sjow up was soo funny!
    Ann
    ~\"Think today so you will be here to think tomorrow\" Burma Shave~

1 members found this post helpful.

I need the link to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearx2 View Post
    Okay, so I really am wierd because my all time favorite facebook animal page is the one for the cobra that got lose from the Bronx zoo last year. Seeing where that animal sjow up was soo funny!

way back when in facebook early years, there was a dogbook app that i had. It may still be around, who knows!! I had one for my dog (at the time my only dog....) and one for my parent's dog. I had a very long winded bio for my pound schnoodle, detailing his origins in Russia (he was a czarpuppy) to his trip across the sea in the steerage of a large ship.

I have since discovered that his mama was a streetwalking french mademoiselle and his father was a traveling salesman from germany, probably with a very distinguished beard.
    There is a chance that he carries some sewer rat in his genetics but we don't talk about that.......

I dont think i'd have the time to keep up fb pages for all 6 of my dogs now!!

The local pet columnist has a Facebook page for her duck, Bernadette the Weather Duck. Bernadette predicts the weather and apparently has control of all local rainstorms (unless ABBA gets the order wrong,)refers to all humans as "Staff" or "Staff-Like Creatures" and the dogs as the Evil Retriever and her Spawn. Hysterical.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

I am extremely tempted to make a facebook page for my male Aussie because he is extremely popular with our guests and is probably the most photographed thing on the ranch... but I haven't yet... Maybe one day
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

My daughter's horse has a Facebook page. He has over a hundred friends. Bart is a character who enjoys eventing, trail riding, games, giving pony rides to children and elderly people, traveling, partying, and having fun. I enjoy his pictures and posts. My own horse would never have a Facebook page because he is a homebody with a predictable, stable life.

None of my animals have a Facebook page, but I am "friends" with many animals that do Instead, my animals take over my Facebook page. I have no children, so I wouldn't have anything to post if they all had their own page LOL
    Certified Spiritual Medium/ Animal Communicator
    www.heatherevebristol.com
    www.meliorastables.net