The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by VaqueroToro View Post
    You're in for it now, Daatje. Just wait for when he drops the toy on your face at 4am while you're asleep.
    Yeah, I know. Good think I love him!

Our siamese cat didn't exactly fetch, he wanted his foil balls thrown at him by the door and he played goalie, batting them back to you.
    If one went by him, very, very rare, maybe thrown too high and he didn't reach it, he would stare at it on the other side of the door with a whoops! expression.
    We had to go fetch it.

My cat is too lazy for fetching - however she does play pool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGBG8...feature=g-crec

Quote Originally Posted by PaintPony View Post
    My cat is too lazy for fetching - however she does play pool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGBG8...feature=g-crec
    LOL! She could rack up at the local bars!

Bad pun, I know.

I have a 10 month old Main Coon cross that palyes fetch non stop. Only cat I have ever seen pant from playing so hard! His favouites are mice that have the bells inside the stuffing. Where ever I am he drops it by me to toss for him.

My parents have a 6 month old torti that playes fetch, not as obsessive about it though. She likes the crinkle balls best.

The old male we had at home would play fetch with the crinkle balls. He would also "paw handle" his toys and shoot them under the stove. He would sit looking at the toy waiting for someone to pull it out for him.

I had a fetch kitty too. Puck. He was absolutely crazy about it. We'd play out in the kitchen, and he would slid on the linoleum, ram into the cupboards full tilt, and play until he was bright pink and panting. Miss that kitty like crazy. He would also sleep every night on my chest, his head under my chin, his legs around my neck, kneading, purring up a storm, and sometimes even suckling in his sleep. Heart kitty, for sure....

Yup. My first Siamese was a big-time fetcher. He'd chase & bring back a crumpled up piece of paper for you to throw again for HOURS if you were willing to keep it up.

I actually have two that fetch!! Baxter fetches hair ties.....he loves them so much we went to the dollar store and bought him 50 of them. We shoot them at him and he will bring them back (sometimes he doesn't). He will play for hours Cashie has an obsession with pipe cleaners and he usually gets a big package of them for Christmas every year. His thing is to stand on the side of our big jetted bath tub and I will throw them on to the window ledge on the back of the tub and he jumps down into the tub and back up the other side and on the window ledge......silly kitty The game is even funner if there is a small stream water is on in the tub
    RIP Sucha Smooth Whiskey
    May 17,2004 - March 29, 2010
    RIP San Lena Peppy
    May 3, 1991 - March 11, 2010

I had 2 that fetched (RIP) - both DSH females. I miss those cats so much. One fetched crumpled up paper balls, and the other fetched hair-ties and rubber bands. I often awakened to the rubber band-fetcher dropping a rubber band on to my face, in the mornings (along with other forms of human-torture).

My current two do not fetch, though I have hope for one of them who loves to chase a small ball around...

I have a big fluffy female who will fetch toys or crumpled balls of paper but the neatest thing she does is:

When I go to the bathroom for some reason she feels that she MUST go with me.
    We never put the toilet paper on the hanger thingy and it usually sits on a counter that is right next to the toilet. If someone uses the roll (say to blow their nose or something) and doesn't replace it where it should be this cat will jump up on the counter, pick up the roll of toilet paper and bring it to me as I sit on the toilet. She can handle a whole full roll even.

Once someone had left the roll on the back of the toilet and I guess she thought I couldn't reach that either so she grabbed it and brought it to my front and held it until I took it.

I guess she learned the routine...sit on toilet...need toilet paper. Kinda handy thing.
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

3 members found this post helpful.

Nothing like a toliet paper caddy
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Quote Originally Posted by VaqueroToro View Post
    LOL! She could rack up at the local bars!

Bad pun, I know.
    Actually I have already made some worse ones!

In pool, do you know what it's called when you hit the cue ball (the white one) in to a pocket?

A SCRATCH!

I told the cat she needs to stop "scratching" on my pool table.
    I'm SO lame!

Rubber bands. Ricky Kitty, orange Maine Coon mix will hop on my desk, and dig them out of the tray, bring them over to me, and drop them at my feet. Not very exact on the return, but he'll fly across the room when you shoot them across. Usually makes it about 2/3 of the way back and then drops them and meows, and expects moi to pick them up for him. Which, of course, I do...
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

My daughter's cat, Tucker, is a fetch cat. However, he only fetches crumpled pieces of paper and he'll only play if she is sitting on her bed and throws the paper. He won't play the game in any other area of the house or while she's sitting on a different piece of furniture (a chair for example) even if it's in her bedroom. It's the bed or nothing. He's also a werekitty. Predictably, at every full moon, he alternates wandering around the house meowing with bouncing off the walls at full speed.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondindykin View Post
    Baxter fetches hair ties.....he loves them so much we went to the dollar store and bought him 50 of them. We shoot them at him and he will bring them back (sometimes he doesn't). He will play for hours
    My Cosmo LOVES hair ties. I used to think it was funny watching him because he would fling them super high in the air, and chase them like crazy. It didn't really occur to me that they seemed to disappear over time, or if it did I figured they'd gotten thrown away, hidden, lost under furniture, etc. Yeah, no. He was eating them. Kitty had to be cut open and a mass pile of hair ties (amongst other things) had to be removed. That's when we learned that if it's small enough to fit in his mouth, he'll probably swallow it. He's been banned from all small toys ever since, and NO hair ties!

My best friend's cat is a fetcher. He loves those little plastic cage balls that he can really grab with his teeth. He will fetch just like a dog - go get it, bring it back to you, repeat = ) He also opens doors with the long latch type handles and is a talker. He's a super fun kitty.

Mine only play fetch with themselves. My little girl will NOT relinquish things she's fetched on her own. Her favorite things are wool socks or mice toys. She carries them around in her mouth like they are kittens and hides them under furniture - she has a special yowl the entire time = )

Default I had 2!

Mac used to "fetch" tools and "manly stuff" from the basement. One time he brought up a whole tub of that wood filler stuff - pretty heavy to carry up the stairs in his teeth! Left teeth marks on it. His brother Arthur loved to being laundry up. One day we came home and there was men's underwear and a big hoodie sweatshirt, some shoes and a wrench all strewn through the kitchen and the rest of the house - counted 16 items! They must have been exhausted. I always wished that I had video's them, but this was in the 90's and it wasn't as easy or as common to do.

I had another cat, Tabitha, a tortie, and she sould actually fetch like a dog. Tin foil balls were here favorite and she would bring it right back to you to throw again.

I have 9 cats now and none of them fetch or carry anything around.