The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saco, Maine

I was never a chicken, a Jumper girl in high school. I did 2 "3-phase events" then, sort of in passing, we were getting Horse Trials started at Stoneleigh. Then I pretty much gave up the horse thing for a long stretch. When our kids were 7 & 5 (the one who became horsey was in diapers at this point), I was all over it. I started riding other people's horses and then leased what turned out to be a wild thing. Pretty soon my best friend in the world GAVE me her 3 year old homebred TB. When we were ready, she signed up up for BN at King Oak. Holy cow, that was it. I was hooked. I took him happily through Intermediate...I've been bumping along ever since. Can't seem to stop. :-)
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

1 members found this post helpful.

Northeast MA

Yay Pol! Don't EVER stop.
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

I haven't officially "started" yet, but I'm getting into it because I train with an eventer. She started out working with us on dressage, and now my horse is in partial training with her. I thought I'd mostly end up doing dressage with my horse (and I likely still will), but I felt like the cross disciplines would be hugely beneficial for him, both mentally and physically. My hope is to compete him in some smaller stuff next year and see how it goes. I've always wanted to try the little stuff, but it's nice having someone to work with who is an excellent horsewoman and who can teach me the ropes.

Southern Indiana

Montana - Saddlebreds - Ireland - Eventing in that order.