The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default OTTB Opinions please!

I'd love to hear some opinions on this one...

Looking for a new partner for myself. Was going Training before heart horse suffered a career ending injury in Sept right after AEC. Probably looking for something that would go prelim at most.

Thanks!!

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ngs&Itemid=279

I think he's very nice-looking. He has a kind eye, intelligent expression, and striking color. His back looks a little long for my taste, but maybe it's the angle of the pictures.

Well I would buy him.....

1 members found this post helpful.

Only if you call him Gabby, or Cyril, or Bla.

On a more serious note- given that he won his last two races, which were at Penn National in the autumn of 2011, I'd be on the lookout for an injury that ended his racing career.

I'd buy him too, if JBRP didn't get him first.

Nice overall angles, nice neck set, legs look clean, back isn't too long, and kind eye.

Keep us posted if you get him!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks guys, maybe a road trip is in order!

He has been listed for a few months now and hasn't sold which is interesting because I think he is one of the nicer horses that I have seen listed in terms of conformation. I know a lot of people don't like a plain bay but I really do.

Overall, he looks well put together. His legs look great and I like where his neck meets his shoulders. His back does look long for my taste, which usually indicates long and weak loins, so I'd give his loins a thorough check, as those are very important for soundness. I would also be interested in how he rides, as his croup is pretty sloped (I wouldn't say too steep, though), which means a bumpier ride. He does look like a catch and I also like the plain bays. If you're seriously looking for an OTT project, go check this one out. It is strange he has been posted for so long, given his stature. I suppose that's what PPEs are for.

Well...I am going to Penn Monday..But not for him and I won't poach someone's horse...good luck..keep us posted...and do vet him...

Good looking!

I know someone who called about him and an issue came up in an x-ray during a vetting. I don't recall exactly what it was, but I think it was something that would effect resale more than necessarily being a major soundness issue. So call and get the scoop! Probably will negotiate price.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

I have been pondering this horse as well. Certainly a good looking critter. I would be buying for resale, though. So radiograph issues would be a problem for me as well.

He's pretty.
    For my personal taste: his bak is long and I don't like how he is back at the knee. I like a horse a little over at the knee. Back at the knee puts more strain on--well, everything.

I actually love his sloped rump and prefer it! Being so long in the back, it's a good thing he's not flat across the croup.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Did you go see him? He is standing really camped out behind in all his pictures, which is my real big concern. A little straight through the shoulder, but overall pleasing.