The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The complete mineral analysis goes through selenium, and all vitamins and minerals there are like 20 on the list including all the ones you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    That's a pretty minimalist ration balancer. I have to assume that "what you see is what you get" but there don't appear to be any B vitamins, no lysine or other essential amino acids, and only copper and zinc as microminerals.
    Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you look at it, there are more than a few companies who just put out a bare bones analysis on a website, but reality is that it includes a heckuva lot more than what's there. I don't at all for a second think this product has only those things in it

It's really REALLY annoying that they do this, but they do. I'd want to see a picture of the tag before making a real judgement on it. I've just seen too many of these whose web presence makes it sound like they just slapped a few things together, but based on the tag, it's a much more comprehensive product

That's true. There is a Buckeye product I've used in the past where the "guaranteed analysis" part listed some ingredients, but if you read the actual ingredient list there was a lot more stuff in there, just not actual amounts. Which was a little bit of a PITA.
    Click here before you buy.

It really is a pita. I do think some companies are waking up to the fact that we horse owners in general are becoming a bit more savvy to this stuff, but omg the changes they are making in that area are worse than thick molasses going downhill in Alaska in Winter!

What exactly does nutritionally sound mean?

I have actually had him off the soy for a week now. last Saturday I had gone to buy my all phase lite and tack store was out, and not getting more in before today so I reluctantly went with the step seven which does not have soy in it. We have noticed the past few days his coat is actually getting more shinny. Not sure if that is just the change but interesting.

Not sure if island Horse has soy either (hoping not), but all I can say is, their coats glow, even the horses who rarely get groomed, so something must be working with it.
    Another owner of A Fine Romance baby who has grown up and joined the fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanfayre View Post
    Not sure if island Horse has soy either (hoping not), but all I can say is, their coats glow, even the horses who rarely get groomed, so something must be working with it.
    I am going to look into that fe!ed. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fanfayre View Post
    Do they have a website. I cannot find this?