The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I can't even wrap my head around that much money. I don't think I'd even *want* that much money.
    But here goes:
    I'd start with the basics, like everyone has said. Family, friends, personal debt, etc.
    I'd renovate my parents' house and move there, so they could live with us until they die. I'd get some more land so I could have a couple horses on site.

I'd create a retirement home for old/disabled/unwanted horses, that I would pair with a therapeutic center for disabled children.

I'd have to do a lot of research to find ONE other thing I could focus on to make a difference...
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Just read that the six-year-old daughter of the Missouri couple who won wants a pony:

The couple have three grown sons and a 6-year-old daughter they adopted from China five years ago. They said they are now considering a second adoption with their winnings, and they plan to help other relatives, including their grandchildren and nieces and nephews, pay for college. They're planning vacations, and their daughter, Jaiden, wants a pony.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/11/...6pLid%3D240154

Now she can have an entire string of the priciest ponies money can buy! Sounds like a nice family.
    "Business!” cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. “Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business.”

With that much money involved, I don't know why anyone would take the lesser lump sum. But, whatever floats their boat.

I hope they enjoy it, and that the kid has fun with her pony. Or ponies.

Tithe first.

My best friend is a custom home/barn builder, so I'd have her design and build me something. Nothing too extravagent - I don't need a huge house.

Get a couple of nice OTTB prospects. Rescue some old retirees from a feed lot and give them a peaceful end of life for as long as God grants them.

Money for my immediate family, of course. Trusts for the babies.

There's a local organization that gives grants for emergency prescriptions. Definitely would give them funds.

Veterans organizations are closest to my heart, so that would be on my donor list.

It would be awesome to be able to give to the overwhelming number of worthy organizations. I really don't need that much to live comfortably.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.