The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I know I'd be happy with a Bonaparte foal (he was suggested to me previously and was my top choice), but as I said on page 2 somewhere, I would like for this foal to be registered with the AHA with Anglo-Arabian papers and he does not have Arabian blood (he has Shagya), the same can be said about using a Shagya stallion. =/

If you know of another registry that registers foals as Anglo-Arabians, but allows Shagya blood, please let me know! =)
    Last edited by themarchcat; Dec. 4, 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: registry question
    Visit MW Equine!
    Raven Beauty - '08 JC Thoroughbred mare
    Zeecandoit - '07 JC Thoroughbred gelding
    DBT My Dark Blue - '07 AHA Arabian Mare

Quote Originally Posted by themarchcat View Post
    Thanks for letting me know rebeccag! I'll keep a watch on your two sites for when the news is posted! =)
    Sorry for reviving this post but I just wanted to let you know about updates on the Persiflage front. His semen will be available through Christine Miller at EMCO Stallion Services and we are preparing to ship some over shortly. New videos also going up on youtube soon. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccag View Post
    Sorry for reviving this post but I just wanted to let you know about updates on the Persiflage front. His semen will be available through Christine Miller at EMCO Stallion Services and we are preparing to ship some over shortly. New videos also going up on youtube soon. Thanks!
    Very cool, great to see Persiflage will be available in North America! Any idea whether any footage of his offspring will be posted? I really admire this stallion and I'd love to see what his babies are up to!

Awesome to hear!! 2013 is just not my year for breeding, so I think next year for sure I'll be breeding to Persiflage! I really like him =) Any news on whether All That Jazz will be available to North America too??
    Visit MW Equine!

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccag View Post
    Ha! Yes we're working on all that! My editing and YouTube skills are getting honed. We're redesigning our website (www.biddesdenstud.co.uk) so it will be a lot more user friendly soon but also check our YouTube channel. Will endeavour to have more videos up ASAP! Xx

Would any registration options exist for Persiflage offspring born in North America?

Yes we have been in touch with the International Sport Horse Registry/Oldenburg and he qualifies for that since he was passed Grade 1 Elite here by the National Stallion Association. Also @themarchcat no plans for Jazz currently.

Since Persiflage is half Thoroughbred, half Arabian, he'd qualify for the AHA Anglo-Arabian registry correct? When bred to a Thoroughbred mare?
    Visit MW Equine!

Yes I'm sure he would. I will also contact them but we got in touch with the ISH Oldenburg first because we were advised that it would likely be more desireable for most sport horse breeders in the US. In the UK he is registered with the AHS so his progeny are eligible for either that registry or sport horse breeding GB.

Just looked through the rules and yes it seems that would be totally fine and easy. http://www.arabianhorses.org/registration/reg_rules.asp see rules 114 and 115. Finn is going to get in touch with them too to double check everything in a couple of days too. Finally got a video up of him competing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM94gT0VYP4