The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Does a TS size chart exist, or do magic elves just make breeches by eye and wishes?

I would really like to put breeches on my Christmas wish list. I have a couple pairs of TS girls' size 14 breeches; one fits great and I love them, one is tight but can be zipped up, one will never ever fit over my hips unless I travel back in time to the days of my youth and is going back to the consignment store. I feel like I should probably ask for an actual adult size, but don't know which one, and there are no stores that carry TS nearby. And I CANNOT FIND A SIZE CHART ON ANY WEBSITE.

Has anyone ever seen a size chart for them, or is this some sort of mythical being, like a chimera or a jabberwock? WTFTS?

2 members found this post helpful.

I'd also like to know, I have several pairs that I'm trying to sell but I have NO idea what size they are, all the tags have been worn down. I've listed them as "on the small-ish side...."
    Tin Roof Living- Custom Wreaths & Home D├ęcor
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TinRoofLiving?ref=ss_profile
    PM me to receive a COTH discount!

I don't have an answer, but can commiserate. I have 2 pairs (bought used but still have the size tag intact) Same 'size'. Same material. Same color. But the fit is different. Ones actually fits, other is held up by belt only, they do not zip.

When I was at a Dover store, I tried some on (different style, so wanted to know sizing/fit before buying on ebay) and the different styles I tried were very different fit fromis eachother, which I get, but I was mostly BETWEEN SIZES- but not even the same sizes! Aaaaaahhhhh! Lol.

So now, I either try them on first, or go by actual waist measurement, and hope the legs haven't shrunk.

Maybe try calling Shelly @ The Hunting Horn? (I would be surprised if she did not carry TS's.) Maybe she would have some insight. I know it may be a hike, but I head there when I need something that I need to try on or whatev.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

The adult sizes are done by waist size and are fairly accurate. I wear a 28 and have a 27 waist.

That's true; I have to go to Rochester next week so maybe I'll combine the trip...

SmartPak has "SmartFitter" sizing estimates on their website with their opinions on different breech models. For what it's worth, I have the Trophy Hunters (low rise), and think they run true to size. I wear a 30 in these, and a 30 waist in jeans. I've tried on other models, and thought they ran smaller.

SmartPak agrees with me They say the Trophy Hunter is true to size, but the TS low rise runs a size small. Also keep in mind that the 2-way stretch material (Royal Hunter) will feel smaller than the 4-way stretch.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/tailor...man-741pc.aspx

1 members found this post helpful.

You get a thumbs up just for the title.

Wait until you're a big and tall girl and then try to size breeches. It's a nocht-mare of epic proportions. I have to be a fuller-filly because of my height. Fine. Just...fine.