The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for Additional Opinions :)

Does anyone here do online coaching??

I have access to some fabulous coaching but sadly not consistently. I am wondering if anyone has some spare time and would be interested in giving me some thoughts and opinions. I can provide some video footage via PM.

You certainly came to the right place for opinions. If you want professional coaching, you will likely have to ante up and pay a professional. I believe Jane Savoie and others provide that service for a fee.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by atlatl View Post
    You certainly came to the right place for opinions. .
    OMG, this is the quote of the week! So true!

9 members found this post helpful.

Thanks ladies hehe, I assumed a minimal payment would be expected from most unless someone's simply willing to help a fellow dressage rider. Thank you for your input

If you don't mind uploading videos, I think it is great. I considered it, as I don't have a trailer to go to anyone, but I think uploading videos is kind of a pain. But I'm also lazy. Let us know how it goes- if you have a good experience, maybe I'll get my butt in gear and try it too!

Yes, I was thinking along the lines of uploading video to YouTube and sending the link It doesn't even necessarily need to be an instructor, just an experienced rider preferably at Second +

Hmm, you're posting for information on training in Northern Caifornia and for free opinions. I don't say this to be mean but those are in conflict with each other. If you really want to improve your riding, I strongly suggest seeking qualified instruction and that means more than someone riding at 2nd level, at least in my opinion. There is a big difference between riding at a level and being able to teach someone else.

Have you looked into this to get more long distance training from your current instructor?

http://www.clinicinthecloudsolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by atlatl View Post
    Hmm, you're posting for information on training in Northern Caifornia and for free opinions. I don't say this to be mean but those are in conflict with each other. If you really want to improve your riding, I strongly suggest seeking qualified instruction and that means more than someone riding at 2nd level, at least in my opinion. There is a big difference between riding at a level and being able to teach someone else.
    Lol, I appreciate your concern. Rest assured, I am simply trying to train my eye and, of course, improve.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ TD View Post
    Have you looked into this to get more long distance training from your current instructor?

http://www.clinicinthecloudsolutions.com
    Ironically I just found out yesterday that there is a local woman originally from Holland who was a successful GP rider and she is looking into something just like this (perhaps the same thing) to put on a clinic of sorts with her old trainer in Europe.

I think it is very doable. I used to do it in the old days with an instructor that I rode under, so she knew me, my bad habits, and my horse at the time. We discussed various exercises that would help while I was trying to make a 'break through' to keeping a horse consistently in front of my leg and soft on the bit.

We used the phone. But, she knew us (me and horse).

The main thing this did was keep me from doing anything that would actually cause any harm to the horse while I was trying to figure it all out.

During that time period, I did stay fit and so did the horse.

I ended up at a clinic with someone else, and the entire thing all came together with some input of a different approach. But the horse and I were fit enough, and close enough, that it was right there once that final assessment was made and the way to put all of the pieces together was explained.

So, many times it's about at least sticking with an instructor that will not be detrimental (to either your horse or your riding) while you are working toward putting it all together.