The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone watch sister wives?

Did you see where the husband is pressuring the wife named Meri to have another kid. It seems like she doesn't want to and is satisfied having raised her sole daughter who is now an young adult. I saw a video clip somewhere on the net where she told him that she would let her know what her decision was by the end of the year as to whether she would have another baby or not. One of the other wives said she would carry the baby for her as it seems Meri has some fertility problems. I mean, isn't 17 kids enough for the dad?!

I know it's trash tv, but sometimes I watch.
    Gilchrist said. "With Lost In The Fog, it's different. We want to take real good care of this horse. He's the only bullet in our holster."

I watched it for a few weeks, but it was just too....I dunno, over the top. The women were ok, it's Corey (?sp) that I can't stand. He's like a perpetual child.

I DVR it; that way I can skip the parts that annoy me. But I did enjoy it much more before they moved to Vegas. Now they all seem so unhappy and petty. In their old home they were more of a familial unit (it seemed).

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntersmom View Post
    Did you see where the husband is pressuring the wife named Meri to have another kid. It seems like she doesn't want to and is satisfied having raised her sole daughter who is now an young adult. I saw a video clip somewhere on the net where she told him that she would let her know what her decision was by the end of the year as to whether she would have another baby or not. One of the other wives said she would carry the baby for her as it seems Meri has some fertility problems. I mean, isn't 17 kids enough for the dad?!

I know it's trash tv, but sometimes I watch.
    I think he was more pressuring her to make a decision to either try for another baby or not, but make a decision. I think he was a bit short with her, and could have been a little more tactful. But I don't think he was pressuring her to have a kid. I don't think he fully understands how difficult a decision that it is for Meri though.

It does seem they were happier in Utah. I wonder if they ever regret doing the show. Would they still be living happily in Utah?

What on earth do they see in Cody? I don't get it. And where do they get an income from?
    He told her he would want another child anyway, so she has to make a decision if she wants to be a mother again. There is no notion of "I love you and I would like another child with you". No, just I 'd like another one so... if you want ... you can have it...
    I watch sometimes, but I usually change channels before the end because I cannot stand that spoiled child Cody. There is nothing attractive about him.

How can they afford all these kids and houses? I am missing something because I have not watched from the beginning.

3 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

I have watched in the past but can't watch it now.

As for income, I think 3 of the wives work as well as Cody so there are 4 incomes. The SAHM does childcare... so there's no daycare expense. I'm sure they get some income from the show, but I see it entirely feasible to live as they do with the non-show incomes they have. They're not living high on the hog so it can (and does) work.

I do think they were happier in Utah with the single "family" home.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

1 members found this post helpful.

I watched it at first, quit and now am picking it up again. I really detest Cody. I like that they're all fairly open-minded about their religion (as when the one daughter this season said she didn't want to be a polygamist), as opposed to the more cult-like LDS stories you hear about, and the wives all seem fairly intelligent and thoughtful and generally really nice people. However, Cody just seems like an arrogant prick. Ugh.

7 members found this post helpful.