The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Will provide indoor home for kitty around Columbus, Ohio

Hubby and I are looking for a kitty (kitten or adult) to love and spoil. We live in an apartment, so this would be an indoor-only home. Our only stipulations are that the kitty be healthy, good about using the litter box, and relatively friendly (we understand cats are not like dogs.) Please reply to thread or PM me if you have a cat we may be able to adopt. Thanks
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

You should try your local Humane Society! Its a great way to adopt an animal in need.

I have the sweetest kitty who would LOVE a home like that! He just celebrated his 1 year anniversary at my place (placement is HARD) and is so ready to say goodbye to his kitty roomates, total thugs.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...74582159_n.jpg

Long hairs ok? Surprisingly, my two DSH shed way more. He lived alone for four months () and still had perfect manners with box, never scratched a thing. Loves pets and sleeping at the foot of the bed. PM me if you're interested I can drive and deliver!

...and I reach new lows in procrastination by visiting the Giveaways forum, which I so rarely do.

Anyway, maybe it's fate because I know of a suitable cat. If you like what you see, PM me. I don't remember her exact age, but she was a kitten during the spring/summer of this year, so pretty young. Up to date on shots, worming, flea treatment, spayed etc. Excellent return policy, basically "you may bring her back for any reason at any time."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPlvZeQyAGQ

If you're willing to pay an adoption fee, Cat Welfare in Columbus is an awesome shelter. They let the cats run loose, so you can really get to know the cat before you take it home. They have a 10-day return policy. I recommend them highly.
    http://www.catwelfareohio.com/
    Last edited by jn4jenny; Dec. 1, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

I have a kitty who is looking for a home without dogs. She showed up almost starved to death about a year ago. She is healthy now. We think she was abandoned in a foreclosure up the street. She was so thin you could see the underside of her vertebrae. I've let her stay here, but she TERRIFIED of my dogs, so spends all her time hiding upstairs behind the baby gate. She is spayed, about 2-3 years old, female tabby. Her name is Sally now. I can send pics if you are interested.

Oh! Please pick my lovely cat, Pickle! She is possibly the sweetest cat, and unfortunately she's been living in the barn by herself since my other cat died (her sister) She is fantastic with other animals of all kind. It is possible she has a thyroid issue or some sort of metabolic issue, she used to be very fat when we kept the cat food bowl full for all the kitties. Now that she's been on a more controlled diet she's down to a more normal weight, but still has poochy skin left over.

She knows how to live inside, and would prefer to, but I can't in my living arrangement She deserves so much more love and attention than she gets. I'd be happy to bring her up to you if interested (I'm in Lexington, KY). She had her shots last year and she is spayed...short haired torti