The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What makes your heart melt?

I absolutely love listening to my 16 year old play his 12 string guitar. No matter what he has (or has not) done during the day, listening to the music makes my heart melt.

1 members found this post helpful.

This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sVoNtdT6zQ

I'm just a big marshmallow when it comes to that kind of stuff.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

4 members found this post helpful.

Yes, music does it for me too.

Not only that, it literally affects my heart.
    I have a heart defect and if I let my emotions run strong, my heart quits working right and I get sick and have to wait for it to get back working right.
    Yes, I take medication for that, but also have to manage my emotions.

Wherever the phrases about hearts doing this or that came from, melting here, was more right than they knew.

When my houndy dog Lance pampers his shepherd buddy Simon. He gives Simey the real spa treatment - licks his ears, cleans his face, even sometimes just nibbles his itchy spots. Simon never reciprocates but it seems to make Lance very happy to minister to his friend.

2 members found this post helpful.

My one cat will stand on his hind legs with his front paws leaning on my leg so I will pet his head. Every time I'm like, awwww.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Old dogs with grey faces. Gets me every time
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Yes, music does it for me too.

Not only that, it literally affects my heart.
    I have a heart defect and if I let my emotions run strong, my heart quits working right and I get sick and have to wait for it to get back working right.
    Yes, I take medication for that, but also have to manage my emotions.

Wherever the phrases about hearts doing this or that came from, melting here, was more right than they knew.
    I know this isn't funny but for some reason it struck me that way. I'm sorry you have this condition, I can't imagine how difficult it must be at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    I know this isn't funny but for some reason it struck me that way. I'm sorry you have this condition, I can't imagine how difficult it must be at times.
    It is painful, more than difficult, but I learned long ago to work around that.

I did intend for it to be kind of funny.
    It is funny in an irreverent way.
    You have to make light of serious things, or they can weight you down.

We have some awesome dawns that make the sky explode with all kinds of reds, that you have to pause and watch for a bit, amazed:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...-20-071694.jpg

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Milocalwinnings View Post
    Oh absolutely. So much wisdom behind dog eyes set in grey faces. Love those older canines.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

When my three pegged cat, who used to be so angry and hissy looks up at me and purrs.

When I scoop the barn cat up in my arms and he "hugs " me and purrs.

And when DH performs one of his songs and hears compliments from people other than me....especially when they buy his CD (as that makes him feel good) .

Those are some of the things...
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Amen! And when my three year old daughter says mommy you are the best mommy ever

Big musclebound men with their newborn babies, my boyfriend interacting with cats, and animals with their young. A mare's nicker to her newborn foal. OMG. And that video posted earlier... Lord have mercy.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Watching a foal being born, when the foal ventures to explore his new world and comes to smell your face with his warm sweet breath and tickles your face with his curly whiskers.

When people come up to me at the markets and tell me they are happy to have a treat that there dog could eat due to allergies and such.

The song "baby mine" in Dumbo.

When my dog asks to come up onto the bed or when he simply wags his tail.

puppies...

2 members found this post helpful.

As a race horse trainer, watching Secretariat win his races brought tears to any one's eyes that knew what kind of incredible superhorse he was.

4 members found this post helpful.

We have a chihuahua mix puppy. He's so tiny. And he's SO. BAD. When he's awake we have to keep an eye on him constantly, take him out constantly, take things from him constantly. He's draining lol. But when he climbs up with you and sprawls out and sleeps as hard as he plays, he's so darn cute. I'm always so relieved when he finally falls asleep, but I want to squish and cuddle and pet him then cuz he's so cute I can't stand it!! LOL.
    Kerri

Quote Originally Posted by kasjordan View Post
    We have a chihuahua mix puppy. He's so tiny. And he's SO. BAD. When he's awake we have to keep an eye on him constantly, take him out constantly, take things from him constantly. He's draining lol. But when he climbs up with you and sprawls out and sleeps as hard as he plays, he's so darn cute. I'm always so relieved when he finally falls asleep, but I want to squish and cuddle and pet him then cuz he's so cute I can't stand it!! LOL.
    I have four cats, and the two that give me the most "awwwww" moments are the two who are always into trouble of some kind or another, so I know exactly what you mean.

Leon, the big orange menace, turns me into a puddle when he will wake up out of a sound sleep, yowl and then make a bee-line for me, talking all the way. Becky Cat, who gets into things she shouldn't has a way of sitting there, with her two tiny little white paws neatly placed in front of her and just staring at me with huge, and seemingly adoring, eyes. Gets me every time.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I have four cats, and the two that give me the most "awwwww" moments are the two who are always into trouble of some kind or another, so I know exactly what you mean.

Leon, the big orange menace, turns me into a puddle when he will wake up out of a sound sleep, yowl and then make a bee-line for me, talking all the way. Becky Cat, who gets into things she shouldn't has a way of sitting there, with her two tiny little white paws neatly placed in front of her and just staring at me with huge, and seemingly adoring, eyes. Gets me every time.
    My little dog shares my computer chair and if I am there too long, she sits up, puts her paws on my elbow and looks at me quietly and inquisitive.

I call that the mutual admiration society.

Quote Originally Posted by halo View Post
    puppies...
    And kittens!

Oh gosh, yes!!

And animals snuggling other animals. My two rats used to curl up together and it killed me every single time I saw it!