The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default KY peeps help?

DS got a recked Mitsu Eclipse to fix up as his first car, hes learned how to take engine apart & sand body. We found out its history, recked in FL 11/11 ended up in boonies of western KY. The radio was missing when bought, DS bought a new one but it didnt work at first. Thought it was the new radio but it was the poweramp. It had gotten wet enough to blow it, Im not sure how since its under the passenger seat. Owner we bought it from drove thru/near a creek I think to get to his trailer.Im wondering if it could have been flooded, was there a hard rain this past winter/spring in western KY that could have caused creeks to rise? From the dirt/junk in this car I dont think it could have been flooded much later than that, could have happened in another state, the guy we bought it from bought it from his buddy. If it was flooded I want to make sure its good & dry so not rusting underneath. TIA.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

Not that I recall. I believe western KY was in drought for much of the spring/summer. Floods in 2011 though.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Thanks Laura, I cant see how the car got to KY much before Dec 11. Maybe it was while in FL or at the ins lot.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker