The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Default Casey Anthony

Just hearing about new evidence in the case....but they can't try her again, right?
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Right, double jeopardy.

What's the new info? We know she's all guilty as hell.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    Just hearing about new evidence in the case....but they can't try her again, right?
    Link to the new info? I was really into this case so I am interested. And I agree she's guilty.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

they searched her computer again, and apparently the day Caylee died Casey searched "foolproof suffocation" but she did it with Firefox, and the initial investigation only searched under IE
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

People like her sometimes make me wish Dexter Morgan or Serge Storms were real.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

4 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Curb Appeal View Post
    People like her sometimes make me wish Dexter Morgan or Serge Storms were real.
    There's a Dexter meme made from a promo photo of him reading a newspaper that says: "Casey Anthony not guilty? We'll see about that."
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    they searched her computer again, and apparently the day Caylee died Casey searched "foolproof suffocation" but she did it with Firefox, and the initial investigation only searched under IE
    That is just unreal.

Even if they could try her again because of this "new evidence," it's still merely circumstantial. Her defense would just say her father did the search, not her. It can't be proved that SHE did the search, and even if she did, that still isn't Evidence of murder.

The thing that gets me about her, is the enabling mother. Apparently the family foundation recently liquidated, and according to news reports the guess is the money has been funneled to Casey by mommy dearest. Nobody sued, so it's either true or they don't even want to bother trying to sue over it. And when the grandparents were on Dr Phil he didn't pay them, but supposedly a lot of money went to the foundation. I guess we'll never know either way.

I don't know why they keep publicizing this, because there's nothing anyone can do to her. I feel sorry for the woman she named as the kidnapper, because it ruined her life.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I think it might be possible for her to tried under a different "charge". But I'm not a prosecutor, nor do I play one on t.v. or the internet!

Right, but you'd still need new evidence, and since the new evidence of the computer search is still circumstantial and not tangible, it'd be the same thing over again. After the verdict the jurors said that they all felt confident she was guilty, but the law's the law, and they couldn't convict on how they felt, they had to base their conviction on evidence, and the evidence was not there. Pretty much like poor Natalee Holloway - if you're going to murder someone, make sure the body either isn't found or else isn't found until it is far far decomposed.

Heard this yesterday. Can't believe why they didn't find it...

She'll be lucky if she thinks she can ever step outside again.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

There is no way to say which family member did that search unfortunately. I think the whole family shared that PC.

Some commentator on the news this a.m. was saying that they didn't think even this would push the verdict over to guilty. They said the defense would claim her father had done the search because he wanted to kill himself over the kid's accidental drowning.

What a bunch of shoddy police work, though. So very unfortunate that there will always be questions - even more now. Insult to injury to that poor kid.

From what I read somewhere (and I'm sorry I can't quote the source) the search was during a time they could prove the father wasn't home. More importantly the next search on Firefox (immediately afterwards) was for MySpace, on which only Casey had an account.
    Rhythm the perfect OTTB;Spock the will-be perfect OTTB;Mia the Arab/appendix COTH giveaway

They only searched IE the first time? somehow that sounds improbable for any tech, but especially a forensic PC tech.

4 members found this post helpful.