The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainers liability and equine insurance

Does anyone know an agency other than one who goes through American Bankers that provides both trainers liability insurance?

I've heard of multiple obtaining liability insurance through Wells Fargo who i'd assume goes through themselves rather than American Bankers. Called the insurance line today and the woman had no idea what the term "equine" even meant ... Not helpful.

Any tips would be great! Thanks

Most all of the equine insurers offer trainer or professional liability; check w/ Markel, Hallmark, Broadstone for a start

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoast View Post
    Does anyone know an agency other than one who goes through American Bankers that provides both trainers liability insurance?

I've heard of multiple obtaining liability insurance through Wells Fargo who i'd assume goes through themselves rather than American Bankers. Called the insurance line today and the woman had no idea what the term "equine" even meant ... Not helpful.

Any tips would be great! Thanks
    I don't think the typical policy holder does their shopping based on the ultimate underwriter--the interface through which you shop for insurance is the agency, and they are the ones who can tell you which underwriters they use; through USHJA you can connect with Equisure; USHJA has links for Markel and Legis in addition to Equisure on their site under "sponsors." Other prominent agencies are EMO, Taylor Harris, and Marshall Sterling. I did see a flyer for Wells Fargo at one point; that would surely be a very specialized branch of risk management for them, but probably one which once you succeeded in reaching them, would be familiar with the term 'equine,' as opposed to the general population, from which customer service generalists are hired.

Trainer liability policies are pretty standard fare at all of these.