The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs down Oy vey... shame video of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXdIicGvIEM&sns=fb

FYI I believe this youtube user has downloaded and reposted this video on their own youtube channel. It is not their horse or establishment in the video. Apparently they are posting for 'shame' effect.

Vids like that make me think my horses should be very thankful they live with me. That woman is laughing at the animal's unhappiness, and when he finally deposited his rider, he slowed down and calmed down. He was not rank.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, hitting a horse very hard with a crop each time it stops bucking, and not hitting while it bucks is one way to teach it to buck you off..... Good horsey!

Disgusting.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

4 members found this post helpful.

While I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish here it's hardly abusive. Without knowing the story it's hard to say. I could certainly see someone laughing at me if I whacked a naughty horse and it pogo sticked around the arena a bit.

Not sure what the random whipping was supposed to accomplish. I was happy for the horse when it threw that Dbag!

Doesn’t look like it was filmed in the US. UK or Europe

Edited to add – Yep from the UK – Looks like they took their website down, but there is still a cache version. Some sort of brokers.

www.imperialhorsesltd.com

And edited again – I clicked through their photos (lots of nice horses) and thought it was interesting that they had two photos that didn’t have horses in them, they said:

If you didn’t HEAR it with your own ears, or SEE it with your own eyes… don’t INVENT it with your small mind & SHARE it with your big mouth!
    And

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, & accepted by idiots
    Perhaps they feel that people are “talking about them”?
    Last edited by Appsolute; Nov. 26, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

I was just sorry that Horse missed depositing it's tormenter into that handy mud puddle shown just before he launched.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

2 members found this post helpful.

it harkens back to the day of the old bronc busting days i think.

it harkens back to the day of the old bronc busting days i think.
    Yes, except in those days they didn't beat the horse with a whip when it STOPPED bucking.

While I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish here it's hardly abusive. Without knowing the story it's hard to say. I could certainly see someone laughing at me if I whacked a naughty horse and it pogo sticked around the arena a bit.
    I'm glad you find it so amusing. Let me spell it out for you....it's called R-U-I-N-I-N-G a horse. I can only think that it is some pathetically misguided attempt to desensitize the horse to the whip. What they have no doubt done is created an unrideable animal.

2 members found this post helpful.

That is just it - it was not a naughty horse - it was being trained to be rank by a show-off rider. No sensitivity at all, and I'd bet they are the type who bullied in school.

the folks on Horse and Hound are having at it as well
    New Lounge
    http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...d.php?t=577899

Competition Riders
    http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...d.php?t=577891

Saw this on another forum. Apparently, the dealer has a bit of a bad reputation.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Ufff - yeah, sounds like she sure does have a bad reputation, there is this video - then there is the article about stealing tack, apparently the same people.

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/news/mum_...rom_stables/76

The horse in this clip is a green 4 year. He is not a problem bucker or a horse with issues, just a baby. This was posted on the Horse and Hound by his previous owner, who has since gotten him back:

Originally Posted by popsdosh
    Right I am now ready to break cover so as to speak.
    I was the owner of this unfortunate young man and I am pleased to inform you he is now mine again and at home eating his tea! luckily he is totally unaware of his notoriety otherwise his ego would be even more inflated!!!!
    Just to put a few things straight,The decision to sell him was a purely unselfish one in that I wished to give the horse an opportunity to reach his potential as I did not feel at this time I could finance what was involved as I have other horses as well.What he was sold for did not cover 10% of my financial input into him but sometimes you have to take the knock and think whats best for the horse in these bad times in the horse market.The lady who sold him on my behalf did so in good faith having been recommended these people by the original breeder.We have all been very cautious with vetting potential buyers for the horse and there was nothing outwardly that would lead you to believe this situation would arise they had a website and seemed to be selling some reasonable horses ,there is only so much you can do .I feel also that the people who have been looking after him up until now have not been represented fairly in that He was being sold for the reason stated and not because I had any problem with the way he was looked after in fact he was always kept to a high standard and I would never say any different.
    I do not wish to say to much about what led to me having him back .I will say that when I was alerted by somebody who knows the horse at about 11am there was never any doubt he would be back with me by nightfall and this I am pleased to say has occurred and that not happening was never an option! I am not ashamed to say when I checked out the video was actually him I cried( and thats coming from a hardened farmer) He was not in this world for that Abuse!! Thats all I can say at this stage as other agencies are involved and I do not wish to compromise any action.I can assure that these other agencies have acted very quickly and I was very surprised to actually bump into them when picking him up.
    I do actually know the notoriety of the individual behind this business,and would never knowingly have sold the horse to them under any circumstances and neither would the person acting on my behalf who holds the welfare of any horse in her care to be paramount.
    I can assure everybody that I will never put another one of my horses in such a compromised position and feel totally shocked and saddened by what he had to endure.
    Please anybody who says maybe the horse needed it please look at the vids in the original post here and then try and justify your comments.http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...d.php?t=574405
    how many of you would have taken a 4yo which you had been told had not been ridden for 6weeks straight off the lorry clip his head fully out and neck(this should tell you something about his temperament) and then chuck a saddle on and give him that sort of abuse.
    That is all I wish to say at this stage and I hope you understand I feel a bit numb about all this .if anybody feels they need to know more please PM me and I will answer as best I can rather than the speculation that can very soon hide the truth!!!
    I believe this is a before video of the horse:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQ7y7utR7Ihttp://
    Last edited by Hobbs; Nov. 26, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Thank you so much for this - the person who sold the horse sounds fit to be tied and I hope the agencies take the situation as far as they can with the dealers and abusers. To hear that woman laughing makes me burn.

I think the horse will come around and get over any trauma if he is in the right spot with the right person. While a horse never forgets, they are remrkably forgiving, and he seemed quite satisfied once he had got rid of his
    rider.

0:46 sweet, sweet revenge.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo