The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

BuddyRoo, I'm sorry to read about your dog, but I wanted to say don't be too hard on the people against taking him to Africa. Until I read your post I thought your move was way more imminent than 12-24 months and was going to repeat what they had said.

Diarrhea in dogs is such a pain, they don't want to mess in the house but can't always make it outside, it's a pain to clean up and the dogs "feel" bad, it's a nightmare. I'm glad he still acts all happy and energetic but you can't really use that as a guide in a lab. I've had them, they would be happy and want to play even if they had been run over by a bus, it's hard to keep them down. My own lab who had no bladder control and horribly painful arthritis was still a tail-wagging, tongue-lolling, happy dog in the exam room while the vet was euthing her.

I do hope you can get his problem sorted out, it sounds like he has been through a lot and if your husband is angry about it I can imagine your dog is picking up on the stress.

Dr. D. elected to email so I emailed him back. And I emailed the suggestions here too. I also let him know that euth is an option but one I don't wish to pursue unless it's really a necessary thing.

I'm sleeping on the couch again tonight.

I love my dog. He's my "kid". I will do what needs to be done as long as I can...

And if it doesn't make sense anymore? I won't do it.

I wrote this poem once upon a time and I believe in it...

http://www.specialhorses.org/ThisItBeRight.asp
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

both California natural, Prescription ID, and Science diet all contain chicken.

hamburger with rice is working, so maybe try these:

Instinct Venison
    Royal Canin LID Venison
    Blue Buffalo Basics Salmon
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I can't comment appropriately or politely, but I can't not comment, especially after reading the other money thread. 16k on the dog in one year? Is it possible your hubby resents this? I'm not saying you should or you shouldn't, but I literally just read the other thread 30 minutes ago, and there seems to be a never-ending trail of details that are stressful. if I was a girlfriend of yours, and I lived nearby, I'd be sitting you down for a hug and a cup of something and really, truly asking you if you're okay. I'm not, and I'm trying to respect your privacy, but it's hard to sit on my hands in this case.
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

4 members found this post helpful.

BR, how's it going with your dog?
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

PF--I have an updated thread in the Menagerie forum. He's doing well but for the loose stools, have the Dr. at MSU working on it.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...