The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Weird Tales, Alfred Hitchcock and other horror/mystery/sci-fi magazines?

I'd like to put a magazine subscription on my Christmas list this year, (real paper, not e-book). Looks like "Weird Tales" is still publishing quarterly.... anyone have any recommendations for a still-in-print horror, mystery or sci-fi/fantasy magazine?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I am sure there are digital ones out there. Actual print magazines for such things have died out for the most part it seems. I used to enjoy the sci-fi magazine section when I was a kid and sadly, those have all gone away for the most part.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I subscribe to Cemetery Dance and like it. It doesn't publish frequently though.
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/CTGY/MAGS

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I am sure there are digital ones out there. Actual print magazines for such things have died out for the most part it seems. I used to enjoy the sci-fi magazine section when I was a kid and sadly, those have all gone away for the most part.
    That makes me sad. I am stubbornly a paper-book kind of girl, not into those new-fangled e-books. I'm not looking forward to the day that almost everything is digital (and I know we're headed that way).

Quote Originally Posted by hopper20 View Post
    I subscribe to Cemetery Dance and like it. It doesn't publish frequently though.
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/CTGY/MAGS
    Thanks for the link, that would fit what I'm looking for! I also see that they still print Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".