The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by exvet View Post
    He is cute but I think we both already knew that
    i had my doubts many times over the past 2.5 years, believe me - he went thru some really awkward stages! some days i would look at him and think "what the heck was i thinking"? However, being in full supervised riding (my trainer rides him only once in a while - so i do all the work) has really helped and there are glimmers that make me cry he looks/feels so good

However, i had to go thru a *massive* reinvention of how i think and react re: training.... for too long i bought into the standard BB line about training and that got me exactly nowhere (and a fantastic mare pretty much wasted) So i had to reach deep down and let go of all that baggage and now i think i will finally (at age 50!) reach what ever potential i have as a rider - just wish it had happened 20 years ago!)

Anyway, the point is I am going to give this my best effort and see what happens!

I do believe I know how you feel especially the left out part. Heck on Arabs I was always told, well at least he doesn't move like an Arab in the open shows. At the Arab shows the dressage arenas are always in the worst location, farthest out from the real action for us red-headed step children to use.
    My first "real" horse was a 14.2 h arab mare (mostly crabbet bred) that was born on my 11th B-day - she was born in our barn and i did all the work on her - we evented back when Wild Horse was around and we also did straight dressage - so yes, i know that feeling all to well.... Looking back on her i wish i had known then what i know know - she was a fantastic sport horse- huge engine, lovely gaits and game as anything! but yeah, the ayrab people thought i was nuts!

I keep sayin' Ever have doubt...... just look at what a short-necked down hill, sway back welsh cob can do with an old bag on his back I have yet to hear of an award for that; but, he keeps me smilin' especially with the 70 we got at PSG yesterday. Schooling show only, R eventing judge, but for a brief moment it almost made me want to switch disciplines Then I could hear the DQs in my head Still think I might frame that test just because
    you should!!!!

you are an inspiration to the rest of us.... and i think that we *should* have an "Old bag on a pony/hony " award or at least a club there are what - at least 5 of us here alone that could join lol! maybe we should makes stickers!

oh and i want to say - what makes all of this worthwhile is how dang *cute* my pony is and how much he makes me laugh. He is any little girls dream pony - snuggly, happy to just hang out and *always* happy to see me and to go to work.

i think that we *should* have an "Old bag on a pony/hony " award or at least a club there are what - at least 5 of us here alone that could join lol! maybe we should makes stickers!

LOL....Now a club, THAT I can get into all the way. Oh and if there are bumper stickers to go with that privilege, I'll buy a couple of 'em. I need to find more like us though since I still have the 15 hand red head for sale. She scores 60s-70s at training level but most feel she is too small or wish she were bigger or wish she was warmblood or wish she had more training, or, or....... Of course next spring when she's competing at first level, they'll be wishin' she was still at training level
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

1 members found this post helpful.

I was thinking MBM we should try to form a team (either connemara or pony team) for the Adult Team Competition : http://www.usdf.org/education/other-...team/index.asp

I dont know all the details of it but I know they offered one at Starr Vaughn Last year. It could be SUPER FUN for us old bags.

ok, now we are talking!! a team comp? and a club! we are so cool!

count me in on either or both!

How does the team comp work? it doesn't have much info on the link and i got confused by the does/done not language about memberships....

i think team pony would be great... how many members do we need? Do we all need to be competing at the same level? crossing fingers that Rebs will be ready for 1st next summer......

Exvet wish you were closer! you could come play with us! and your redhead is a doll! i was drooling over her.... but right now 2.5 is all i can afford!

I am gonna see if i can make stickers

USDF is probably hoping at least one member of the team is a dues paying member .

Exvet if you wanna come join the team I gotta pony you can ride--one at least 1st maybe 2nd and the other 2nd/maybe 3rd (but he be a man pony). If I remember right (and I will have to check into the details--I tried to gather a team last year but too many things came up) you have to be an Adult.

Here are more details on the Adult Team Competitions: https://www.usdf.org/docs/education/...Guidelines.pdf

I know of at least one other if not three or more riders that would probably join us--might have to form TWO teams if we can pull it off. Probably will have to work with the CDS/USDF people--but if we start now who knows what can be accomplished!

What would these teams be doing, just out of curiosity?

We will will be trying to do this: "This competition will encourage camaraderie and support for alladults competing at any level. "

While maybe having a little of this: http://www.14hands.com

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    What would these teams be doing, just out of curiosity?
    kickin' ass!

Quote Originally Posted by goodpony View Post
    Exvet if you wanna come join the team I gotta pony you can ride--one at least 1st maybe 2nd and the other 2nd/maybe 3rd (but he be a man pony). If I remember right (and I will have to check into the details--I tried to gather a team last year but too many things came up) you have to be an Adult.

Here are more details on the Adult Team Competitions: https://www.usdf.org/docs/education/...Guidelines.pdf

I know of at least one other if not three or more riders that would probably join us--might have to form TWO teams if we can pull it off. Probably will have to work with the CDS/USDF people--but if we start now who knows what can be accomplished!
    ok, it sounds so fun! especially if we could all ride whatever test we are on at that time.....

seriously - i think team Poneat (and i spelled it that way on purpose) is a great idea!

Somehow the visual in my head sees ponies running amuck and riders staggering and holding each other up. Is there a judge for this?

running amuck? my pony will be where ever there is food, head down grazing.... bombs could go off and he would *still* be head down, grazing!

I wish I were closer too. Team competition would be the best. My daughter competed at Lendon's youth festival this summer and had a blast with the team competition. I certainly don't see why the fun should be restricted to the younger crowd. I'd be willing to ride anything. Heck I ride pretty much anything now - stallion, mare, gelding - training, first, second, third, PSG. I even have a real honest to goodness card carrying warmblood but she's scheduled to be bred to my stallion this spring (plus I would rather ride one of the cobs or a pony of some sort anyway). Oh well I guess I'll have to wait until the other silicone valley recognizes that adults can have fun on the more appropriately sized critters. Gosh darn it, it sounds like y'all are going to have fun.
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com