The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pony Show Bows

I'm looking for a gorgeous and yes obnoxiously huge pair of bows for my sister's holiday gift. I know people hate the obnoxious huge bows, but she was saying that she wanted a pair and I know they're out there.

So your favorite big bows for pony kids?

We sell these at my tack shop The Hunting Horn. Give us a call! 585-385-9690 we can go over what we have in stock or can have something made for you!

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift!!! If you PM me or email me at purplhat@erols.com, I might be able to help you. I make those horse show bows for girls myself and have been selling them at a few local shows. To give you an idea of quality -- just recently Dover in Chantilly has started to carry them.

Despite the advice of friends, I don't have a web-site or anything on Facebook but have made custom bows for pony moms that have pleased their kids. Doing the same for a pony-sister would be a lot of fun!

In any event, whether you find/buy the perfect bow from me or someone else, have a wonderful Christmas -- and again, you are one super sister for thinking of such a gift.

^^ can attest to these bows, they are great

Also, there are tons of vendors on Facebook, some of my favs:

Dream Girl Bows
    Braidz and Bowz
    Cenzina Couture
    Pony Diva Bows
    Horse Show Bows

I have at least one bow from each of those folks, including the poster above

Please, please , please don't get them so big that they cover part or all of child's back number. May sound mean, but if I have to struggle to see a nymber its as bad as not having one on. That means NO ribbon.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 14-16, 2014

4 members found this post helpful.

agreed that the bow should not cover the number, which is why alot of folks seem to be doing short bows these days, but they can really be big and fun, but they are short eliminating any number issues unless the kid has tremendously long hair

What Chunky Munky said. If I can't see the number, I can't use the number.

Oh I definitely wouldn't do that long. Haha I just want really big bows on the bow part, plus she has pretty short hair.

Default diy bows

I don't know how crafty you are, but I made show bows for my daughter.

The problem I have with store made bows is not only are they pricey, but they are way too big for my daughter. She is only 5, and has short curly hair.

So I googled how to make bows and watched some youtubes on it. The best one was by mommycraftsalot . She shows how to do many different types of bows; the link is for the stacked bow that I did in a smaller size.

I did a boutique bow with two different pinwheel bows on top. I attached it to pony tail holders instead of alligator clips because I knew that would work better for my daughter's hair (and i think it secures it better when they are flying around the ring.)

Here are my halloween bows for our end of October show.

For a reference on size, here is a picture of the two of us , and you can just see the bow above her right shoulder.

I've decided I am going to make her bows from now on, as I can make them exactly how I want both in size and color. And they will be one of a kinds, which makes her feel a little special (hey, she's only 5; this stuff still matters to her! ) The only downfall is the extra ribbon...but I think I will make extras and sell them or give to riding friends or clients!

Good luck!

ETA: tried fixing the links but they may not work unless you are logged into FB.....sorry!!

ETA: I think I fixed them!
    Last edited by englishivy; Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: couldn't stand that the damn links didn't work, but I outsmarted FB!!
    www.englishivyfarms.com
    Hunters, Jumpers, & Welsh Ponies
    All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day. ~Author Unknown

I have two personal favorites:

GG's Bows
    Pony Chic (they come in 3 different sizes and run very big, also very customizable!)

Etsy also has quite few bow makers that can ship fast.

Blue Ribbon Bows
    The Young Equestrian
    Mane Event Art
    The City Horse

Just search pony kid bows or horse show hair bows.
    Last edited by ponytailgt; Nov. 28, 2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: more information

TheCityHorse on Etsy makes AWESOME bows (http://www.etsy.com/listing/11167398...ancy-owl-horse) here are my favorites, but she also makes custom bows

I make bows(that I love!!) and am happy to custom make them to how ever you want them. I have a website, www.dreamgirlbows.com and I am on Fb: www.facebook.com/dreamgirlbows
    Let me know if I can help you out!!

Anyone know of a place that will let me draw out a picture for them and then try to make it? My budget is really 40 dollars, but I have a beautiful pair of bows conjured up in my head, but I'm not really sure where to find them.

1 members found this post helpful.

There is a lady local to me who makes them. They are $20 a pair I believe. They are really cute. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Braidz...767604?fref=ts

Default Custom bows for you

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    Anyone know of a place that will let me draw out a picture for them and then try to make it? My budget is really 40 dollars, but I have a beautiful pair of bows conjured up in my head, but I'm not really sure where to find them.
    I would be happy to try to help you realize your dream hair bows I have an Etsy page that you can look at to see if there is anything close to what you want and we can go from there. Or just email me your sketch with the colors you want. I have hundreds of rolls of ribbons on hand but I can get just about any color or print you may be looking for.

Most of my bows sell for around 26.00 with free shipping for the set.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheYoungEquestrian?ref=si_shop

My personal email is showbabyapparel@hotmail.com

Cindy