The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Um...............yes

Quote Originally Posted by SimpsoMatt View Post
    To eat, or to throw?

I don't feel the hate. I think I'd laugh a lot, but I'd need a "heads up" many months in advance so that I could go on the requisite diet/meet expectations regimen.

Just shoot me a Save the Date, ok?
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes - Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    I don't feel the hate. I think I'd laugh a lot, but I'd need a "heads up" many months in advance so that I could go on the requisite diet/meet expectations regimen.

Just shoot me a Save the Date, ok?

1 members found this post helpful.

I would love it... but name tags with our regular names and the username underneath but covered until half way through the gathering then revealed. I think it would be the best party ever.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

9 members found this post helpful.

Wonder if we would segregate according to forum: Fox hunters over here, racing over there, drivers near the punch bow, western near the snacks, etc, Dressage riders looking down there noses at every one else (I kid, I kid. I am one, so no harm meant)

I just randomly picked drivers to be near the bowl. I think I might hang out with them if that was the case.

If male sig others and dads came along, I bet would they would tend to be in the On the Farm cluster, b/c that stuff's FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolyta View Post
    Wonder if we would segregate according to forum: Fox hunters over here, racing over there, drivers near the punch bow, western near the snacks, etc, Dressage riders looking down there noses at every one else (I kid, I kid. I am one, so no harm meant)

I just randomly picked drivers to be near the bowl. I think I might hang out with them if that was the case.

If male sig others and dads came along, I bet would they would tend to be in the On the Farm cluster, b/c that stuff's FUN.
    I'd be interested in seeing if this happened on its own...
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

Ok, I have laughed out loud so hard too the first page that I woke my dogs and threw them into a barking frenzy!! Hahahahahahha! I suspect, yes margaritas, boxed wine, taco's, juice boxes for the kids and a lot of cackling and over talking would ensue! And I would highly agree with dani0303 and see u at x, that most would not be as rude in real life

I will bring my home made black current, strawberry margs, and bacon wrapped, blue cheese stuffed with roasted pecan figs appy's. You can't argue with a full mouth! Ooo and marinated moose shish-kabobs! I'll cook and work the blender, who's up for refereeing??? I can tell y'all my man would be out and running for the hills....too scared lololol!

3 members found this post helpful.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    Hey there Two--easy---I just figured you conservative types would hang together by the margarita maker while us liberal folks were over by the beer taps!
    I'm pretty much a laissez-faire liberal, but count me in for the margaritas - beer gives me hiccups!

IMO a COTH GTG would be The.Best.Party.EVER!
    Think about it: a roomful of horsepeeps.
    We could talk Horse forever w/o boring anyone
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Well, we all know horse people have no problem talking. Seems every time I meet a new horse person around here, we wind up standing around chatting for at least an hour.

I say we let the eventers do the planning. They seem to be the best partiers, and if they can remember to pack everything for all 3 phases they know how to get organized.
    There's a bunch of people I'd like to meet, and only one who needs to see the business end of Aunt Esther's purse
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpsoMatt View Post
    To eat, or to throw?
    Only nasty food should be thrown. Against the law to pitch tasty food.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    . . . .if everyone on COTH were to meet in one large room?

Think about it. So many of us like/love posters; vehemently hate others. If we were all to meet in person, what do you thing would happen.

I personally know that while on COTH I've seriously butted heads with people, I still think that meeting in person we'd get along. Anyone else feel this way?
    Personally, I don't hate anyone, especially people I only know online. I may vehemently disagree with someone's opinion, I might even think some are a beer or two short of a sixpack, but hate I reserve for someone like Hitler.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

My question is, what would we do with the more "legendary" or notorious COTHers like the pencil-in-the-mouth lady, PintoPiaffe, Mah Navu, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    My question is, what would we do with the more "legendary" or notorious COTHers like the pencil-in-the-mouth lady, PintoPiaffe, Mah Navu, etc?
    Well, first things first, they're sitting at the kid's table. With sippy cups
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

5 members found this post helpful.

Hate to admit it, but as soon as I log off I cannot remember who, by user name, said what. While on the thread I find some people distinctly at odds with my views, and definitely annoying or negative, but then forget about them.

In person, tho, unable to hide behind the user name, we would all put on our party faces and act nice. I'm in - where? Can I ride my moose over and hitch him?
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

I suspect most people would be vaguely agreeable and pleasant. A few would be out-spoken and opinionated, and the majority would be split between those who resented them and those who admired them. I would be skipping out early, as that's pretty much my MO at all social events. I would then miss the only truly entertaining part of the evening, when the people who just didn't get the problem with lawn jockeys rumbled with the people who used the term "redneck" pejoratively one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    Well, first things first, they're sitting at the kid's table. With sippy cups
    No! We don't want them at our table. They can have their own.
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

LauraKy and I are willing to throw the COTH Beer & Marggie Bash 2013. We may need bouncers, you liberals get some Union boys. I have an in in the restaurant biz, we can have tacos galore served by handsome single Latino men who also know how to expertly handle a horse I'll help bartend and I'm hoping Alagirl will help me lead the first round of shots. I can make a mean virgin mango margarita and Cranberry Lime Soda swizzler!

This may involve sleeping overnight, bring your trucks and trailers! The eventers can do the parking.

We will be needing some pogo sticks and perhaps some cute galoshes!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

I will administer field sobriety tests. Test one will be "Spell kimberwicke." Test two will be "No, the other way." Test three will be an evaluation of your canter. Anyone who won't canter has to have more booze.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

6 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

I say we invite reiners and Arabian show folk, along with the saddleseaters--I hear they know how to throw some serious parties. They apparently make the eventing crowd look like boy scouts at a weenie roast. We need a location-- do we go with a central US or somewhere warm and beachy? Cali or Florida? I vote California--more access to taco trucks, but Florida has more than its fair share of hot Latino men to serve our drinks...hmm...decisions, decisions.

As a serial optimist (some say Pollyanna) I'd bet we'd all get along terrifically, drinking, talking too loud, bragging terribly, showing way too much skin for our age (and fitness), flirting with the 3 male COTHrs that show up and making asses of ourselves dancing Gangnam Style!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

4 members found this post helpful.