The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

OP, that's the cut I usually get in the winter. In the summer I have them cut it back even more to help me stay cool. You look good in both short and long hair. You are lucky! Nicely done!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

OP, that turned out great! Very cute!

I have had short hair twice in my almost 50 years with traumatic effect. The first was a Dorothy Hamill not long after her Olympics when she was selling "short and sassy" shampoo. I was in 8th grade and my asshat friends called my "short and shitty." Did I mention I was a huge tomboy? Not fun.

Fast forward about 15 years and I had a big name hairdresser who had recently returned to our hometown recommend a bob with bangs. So, I agreed. My bestest eventing friends called me Prince Valiant (after the comic strip character, for those too young to remember).

Now, I'd like to try again...my hair lives in a pony tail which really isn't good for it, but I be a scared and scarred old lady now!
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Waah! It says content not found for me.
    I went from bum length hair to a Sharon Stone length medium pixie about 4 years ago. Ill never go back to long hair again. It's currently a chin length shaggy bob and I love the versatility.
    The only downside is you have to get it cut religiously or it starts to look like heck in a hurry.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    Waah! It says content not found for me.
    I went from bum length hair to a Sharon Stone length medium pixie about 4 years ago. Ill never go back to long hair again. It's currently a chin length shaggy bob and I love the versatility.
    The only downside is you have to get it cut religiously or it starts to look like heck in a hurry.
    Bummer. I wonder why it won't show up for you? The links are public.

I am already realizing that my blessing/curse of wickedly fast growing hair is going to mean super religious trips to the salon. Not even at two weeks, and parts of it are a little shaggy. I think a slightly shorter cut will help.

I love it! For those considering, there are some fun sites to play around on. Some you can upload a picture and put different doos on your head. Some just give you suggestions for various styles depending on your features. I had fun playing with those sites, but the driving factor was seeing all the super cute short haircuts they also had!

I love it, yellowbritches. And I love that YOU love it. YAY!!!!
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I'm just the opposite. Had hair in a pixie-style for many many years. I thought I'd look like Anne Hathaway or Michele Williams----more like kd Lang. I needed to wear more makeup and because I usually don't have a bf, people thought I was a lesbian (not that there's anything wrong with that). So 3 years ago I had my last cut and now it's almost bra-strap length and I think it's easier than short hair. I don't have to style it every day, it stays cleaner longer, and I can wear it up or down. My short hair had to be trimmed regularly; now, only when the ends get a little weird.

Funny thing is, it's a bit wavy. Always thought my hair was pin straight and it's got waves and some curls at the ends. Who knew? I'm in my mid 40s and know that gravity will drag my face down and long hair will make it worse so I will go back to short hair at some point, but now I'm enjoying it. I feel all girlie!