The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ginnifer Goodwin
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

You all are a bad influence I dont think i really want to chop off all my hair, but now my fingers are itching for the scissors.

Maybe i should focus my hair styling urges on the two unsuspecting schnoodles instead.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Very cute!
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

One last thought. And BTW, I love how cute the girl from Harry Potter was (is?) with that pixie cut, and also how freaking AWESOME Natalie Portman and Demi Moore looked with shaved heads from their respective movie roles. I wish I could be so bold!

I have a perfectly fine face for short hair, nothing out of the ordinary, but what I *don't* have is the neck. I have a long neck, which looks even loooonger with hair above my shoulders, and not in a graceful ballerina way - more like Big Bird or an ostrich.

If you do it, we demand pictures.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Every once in awhile I think about shaving my hair off for the St. Baldrick's Foundation (http://www.stbaldricks.org/)... but then I chicken out. Which is lame, because kids with cancer don't have a choice and hair grows back... but still, I haven't had the courage to do it.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

1 members found this post helpful.

You don't have to go fully shaved, or 1" hair. You can have something a bit longer, and layered and look good. Think Princess Di hair, not Mr. Clean skin head hair. Look at the Raquel Welch wig site, and Paula Young wigs, and look at the possibilities for short, but not scalped hair styles.

http://www.paulayoung.com/category/w...igs.do?nType=2 The Daisy style is what I mean. And they also have Jaclyn Smith on here for different styles

http://www.hairuwear.com/raquel-welc...012-collection The Raquel Welch collection has some, but I actually think the Paula Young collections are easier to search.

http://www.paulayoung.com/category/wigs.do?nType=1 I like this picture of a not hideously short style. I think it's the Daisy style, but click on the short length category and go shopping for pictures.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

I DID IT!!!!

And I LOVE IT!

I did the big chop last Tuesday, and haven't regretted it for one second. No matter what I do, it looks great. No helmet head, my warm hats give it character, and even bedhead can be cute. I no longer risk strangling myself at night. I use about a quarter of the shampoo. If I dry it with the hair dryer, it takes about 2 minutes (compared to 15-20min). If I let it air dry, maybe 15 (compared to hours and hours). No hair nets. No more rubber bands. I LOVE IT!

THIS gives you an idea how much hair I had. (I'm the blonde)

THIS was me blow drying it ONE. LAST. TIME. before it got chopped off (it needed to be clean and dry for donation).

THIS is my chopped hair, ready to donate!

And THIS is the final product!

Love, love, love.
    Last edited by yellowbritches; Dec. 14, 2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: For identification.

5 members found this post helpful.

Looks awesome!

Love my short hair and have been tempted to go shorter but then I loose the curls which i love.

P.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I approve. You look more aerodynamic and friendlier at the same time.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

1 members found this post helpful.

I may go a wee bit shorter next cut. It tends to want to get a bit big...not Drag Queen big as it used to, though.

I almost PMed you to see if you did it. Beautiful hair! And you are WAY braver than I.

I got 11-12" cut off mine just over a week ago and it is still collar bone length! What a relief! I no longer have to fight with the dry, bitter, winter wind, the leather jackets, the wool turtle necks, the scarves...

I was losing my patience when the static started, but the day I got fed up and put it in a ponytail and it gave me a headache I made the appointment.
    The more perfect our happiness,
    the more nagging and wretched
    do our unsolved problems seem.
    ~ Gordon Grand

I cut it all off once. 28" to 1/8th inch. Kept it that way about a year. Been growing it out ever since.... Every time I think I want another marine cut... I remember and stay my hand.
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Wow! It looked good long, but it looks spectacular short. And it was wonderful of you to donate your hair.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

You look so freakin' cute!!!! I love it
    Come to the darkside...we have cookies.

Yep, I chop it off to between my chin and shoulders about once every two years. Then I spend the next two years growing it back. I also alternate between blonde and dark brown.

I think your short cut looks adorable!

Really cute! I went and chopped all mine off after reading this thread! Today I just had blonde highlights put back in Mine's just a wee bit longer in the front than yours but it's about the same length and I LOVE it. Yours looks GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Belg View Post
    I cut it all off once. 28" to 1/8th inch. Kept it that way about a year. Been growing it out ever since.... Every time I think I want another marine cut... I remember and stay my hand.
    Mr. Heinz complains quite frequently about his cold, cold head.

You are a brave one, Ms. yellowbritches! It looks fantastic!

You are a bad influence. Not that I'd go that short, because in my profession, the stereotype leans towards "lesbian" for any female, not just the ones with short horse.

But it would be soooo much easier.

This is my hair right now. On a good hair day. The only thing I like about my hair OTHER than the rare good hair day is I can put it in twin french braids. But when it was shorter, I could put it in two little buns, which I loved to do. Baby buns! Getting all of my hair into one bun for work SUUUUUUUCKS. I actually have a fan in the locker room at work to blow on me while fight with my hair getting it into the bun, otherwise I get all sweaty.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    not just the ones with short horse.

TheJenners, I'm very straight, but you sure are cute.

OMG horse-person typo right there!! Fail. If you start with a H, you just gotta add a O-R-S-E on the end.

I do that with the word "house" too. I switched to "residence" a couple years ago in my reports for this very reason .
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl