The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default UK/England COTHers - Floods? Everyone okay?

I see there are even more terrible floods going on in England. There was an awful photo of acres and acres of fields with round bales in them, almost entirely submerged.

It seems like England has had so many bad floods this year. Is it climate change?
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Not again! What area?
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

"South West" according to the Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/we...rorms-hit.html
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Okay here in Glasgow, which is usually renowned for its rainfall. In fact, it's a nice brightish day here just now - no wind or rain, but close to freezing.

The flooded areas look horrendous, and I sympathize with anyone who has to deal with the mess flooding inevitably creates. Fortunately, it is usually just small areas of the country that are affected (which tend to be the same places because of the way water collects and runs off the land).

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    It seems like England has had so many bad floods this year. Is it climate change?
    I don't know if the more extreme weather really is due to climate change but it is certainly consistent with previous predictions of what is likely to happen in terms of different parts of the UK getting wetter or drier.