The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default speaking of neanderthals--who here has had a past life?

years and years ago i read the book 'many lives, many masters' by brian weiss.
    having been raised quite traditionally roman catholic is was an extremely interesting read to say the least! anyway midway thorugh the book i completely and totally lost my fear of death, which in my opinion was well worth the price of the book at least.
    several years later i had the chance to join him for a weekend clinic where past lives were studied and we were group hypnotised. i thought it funny that most participants 'remembered' that they were princes and queens, etc.
    until my own 'vision' that is.
    i 'felt' myself standing in front of a crude firepit trying to get warm. when i observed my body i saw a short dirty man body covered with sparse hair and bent over, as if i was not fully capable of standing up right.
    i smelled sweat, dirt, an animal being cooked and even the wind.

i 'woke' up as someone was talking about her vision of herself as a young teen age boy in the civil war dying from his wounds and crying for his mommy. i was so overcome with emotion i almost threw up.

anyone else ever experience something like this?

and i'm not sure what i experienced--group hysteria, a real memory, a collective memory a la jung?

3 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Not necessarily, but here's my story. A few years ago I went to an astrologer to have my chart done. A coworker/friend had his done and said she was really good and it was kind of "freaky". I have a mild interest and curiosity so figured it was entertainment and did it. The chart reading itself really was freaky. But after the chart reading, she did a past life reading. Nothing REALLY in depth, but touching on several past lives. All I can say is FREAKY! Lives touched on several parts of my current personality... from my aversion to organized religion to my interest in horses to how I deal with money and kids. It was fascinating.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

One of my aunts was a real life card reader, that is what she made a living doing.
    She lived in an apartment with hanging beads for curtains and dressed the part, kind of gypsy looking, had a small round table with a large, heavy, dark colored cloth and a real crystal ball too.
    She was highly sought after by many, had a thriving business.

When I asked her as a kid if what she was doing was real, she would only say "she even surprised herself some times".

Take that for what you make of that.

Me! I have had many past lives!!

I don't know but I have been told by several spiritual people that it appears there's a lot of heavy karma over past generations in my family, which makes sense.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

I went on a coal mine tour in Pennsylvania when the guide kept pointing out this scary feature of working there or that hard work, I said "Meh, I already done it. I can roll with it."

At an 18th century textile mile? Nuthin'.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Not that I'm aware of, but an astrolger I knew years ago insisted that I'd been abused and murdered by my husband in some previous life...she said it was right there in my chart. I certainly don't "remember" it. Thankfully, I guess!

Closest I can say is that I visited Caracas, Venezuela, one time. It was in the late 70s. Had a day of nothing else to do so I took a walk through the city. After about an hour and a half, suddenly everything seemed so familiar. Really eerie. Then, I actually knew, just knew, what the name of the next streets were going to be and even what old shops would be on the corners.

Don't know if that means I once lived there or what.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

4 members found this post helpful.

I think so. From the time I was really young until age 13? 14? I had a recurring dream two or three times a year. The dream was always the same. I was in a row boat, rowing down a street in a flooded Victorian town, desperately trying to get into one particular house. The details were very vivid...I can still remember the black wrought iron fences and that horrible feeling of desperation and confusion. It was one of those dreams where I knew I was dreaming, but could not wake up. Afterwards, I would get physically ill and vomit every single time. Very strange and confusing to a little kid.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

2 members found this post helpful.

My first words were about a past life. I told my mother I had another mother and that I "drownded". I had full recall of the death, including the means, drowning. My Mom luckily just let me talk and figured could be or could be not. As an adult I had a weird fear of dying and no one knowing who I was. I have a large family that'd never really happen, but I finally decided to try past life regression.

I remembered details about the previous life where I had drown as a small child. I also went on to have recall of a life where I had died and been buried anonymously. Once the regressions sessions ended I no longer had the fear or phobia, my relationships with other people in my family who I had seen in my regressions in previous lives as other people improved greatly. If it's all bunk at least it was a positive step forward for me, and I'd gladly have more sessions if I felt I needed them.

I think there have been some very interesting and well documented cases of children with past life memories that were substantiated by evidence. The past life memories of some (even with out regression) can be quite clear and full of details that in some cases could only have been known by the person they "used" to be or close family members who knew them. Whether you believe or not it's very interesting.

4 members found this post helpful.

This may sound nuts, and I am not sure I believe in past lives, but if I did I swear I drowned in a past life. I have a big fear/fascination with storm waves. Not water in general, I love to swim and I love boating -- I even love going to the ocean and "normal" waves -- but anytime I see storm waves I feel dread. No idea why, never been on the water in a storm and the only person I know that drowned died in a rain swollen river, not on stormy seas.

Also if my luck in this life is any indication I must have done something really wrong in a past life.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    I think so. From the time I was really young until age 13? 14? I had a recurring dream two or three times a year. The dream was always the same. I was in a row boat, rowing down a street in a flooded Victorian town, desperately trying to get into one particular house. The details were very vivid...I can still remember the black wrought iron fences and that horrible feeling of desperation and confusion. It was one of those dreams where I knew I was dreaming, but could not wake up. Afterwards, I would get physically ill and vomit every single time. Very strange and confusing to a little kid.
    The Thames used to flood quite a bit:

http://www.thamesweb.co.uk/windsor/w...loods1875.html

I wonder if this plays a part in your dreams.

Once I was able to read, all I wanted to read about were Indians and their horses.
    It seemed very familiar to me.

Neither of my parents had ANY interest in or connections to horses and growing up on the city, I really can't explain where my very strong passion for horses stems from.

Unless of course a former life as an Indian is a possibility.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    Maybe you had been seeing pictures of Venice and integrating them with your own story was your brain's way of making memories while asleep?
    That seems to be one of the functions our brains use during sleep.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Unless of course a former life as an Indian is a possibility.
    Anything is possible. That was one of my lives... 2 actually, but only 1 had to do with horses as an indian. Unfortunately, I died while chasing someone -- horse tripped and i was thrown into a rock wall.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

tle i hate it when that happens!

3 members found this post helpful.

I once did a self guided meditation meant for past life regression. I remember being a young adult/older teenage girl walking with my mother in to the village to the market. It was an older, stone village, cobblestone streets, etc. I wanted to see what I looked like so I walked to the edge of a calm pond/puddle and looked at my own reflection. I looked nothing like myself. I had long dark hair, period clothing, etc. Nothing exciting or earth shattering. Just a routine day walking to the market with some small goods to sell/barter.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

There is a show called Ghost Inside My Child, I caught the first episode and it was pretty amazing. Children that could describe their past lives.

http://fullseries.net/the-ghost-insi...n-1-episode-1/

Twice, during meditations, I have seen/experienced what I believe to be past lives. There's no question in my mind that reincarnation is real.

NJR
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Years ago I went to a group past life regression class, where we were all hypnotized. The first time (we did it 3 times) I felt very small, like a child, in a small, dark, damp boat. It was pitching and rocking so much that I felt really really sick, like nauseated, chilly and sweaty, even though I knew I was lying on the floor of a classroom full of people. When I woke up we had to write what we experienced and I could barely hold the pen because I was shaking so much.

The second time, I was a man wearing a sort of mid-thigh tunic type thing (like the things Romans wore, like a dress), sandals and had hairy legs. There was a sort of tall medieval castle in the background.

I was still shaken from the first time so I didn't attempt it a third time. One guy saw a past death as being shot by an arrow in the heart, and in this life he has a heart murmur.

I've always had a sort of connection with England and Ireland and a card reader once told me that if I went to Ireland I'd feel as if I'd been there before. I've been to England many times and always felt at home there. Had to have horses at some point as well because no one in my family ever did.