The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I'm a proud momma!

My horse and my half-leaser were profiled on our local news this evening. I'm very proud of both of them so I had to share!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/B...180713931.html

She is a very inspirational kid... In addition to riding she is an honors student and heavily involved in the community. I don't know how she does it but it's been amazing getting to know her.

And my horse... He's just a treasure. He came into my life unexpectedly and in hindsight it was absolutely fate. He got me back in the saddle after 8 years off and we have made our way up the levels. He and I will be showing PSG next season and even with all of that work he has also been able to help Ali on her path better than any horse could. He teaches her and makes her work for it but at the same time looks out for her every moment she's on his back. He has taken everything in stride and never takes a second look at all of the crazy things we've thrown at him doing these 4H shows.

I am so blessed to have this amazing girl and this amazing horse in my life. The lessons I have learned from them both have been amazing.

3 members found this post helpful.

This made me cry, I can see how you are so, so proud of your horse and your lessee. That is so amazing. <3

1 members found this post helpful.

Way to go! What an inspiring story, and how special for you to share in this.

Tell us more about your horse! Breed, age, etc.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

1 members found this post helpful.

My horse is Watchman, he's a Hanoverian gelding by World Cup I. He's 19, will be 20 in April and (knock on wood) he's still going strong! He's got some conformation related challenges compared to more modern style warmbloods BUT definitely a testament to the soundness and fab temperaments they bred back in the day

2 members found this post helpful.

Thanks so much for sharing!!! Brought tears to my eyes and yet again demonstrated how wonderful equines are!
    http://www.leakycreek.com/
    http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
    John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
    Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

This story should be shown to every whining teenager out there! Inspiring!

Color me impressed 100x over. Wow.