The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wow! Just posted new video of Limoncello II...

I just posted this new video clip of Limoncello II to Karen's website, and WOW. What a jump! I am really looking forward to meeting this boy in person some day.

http://foxfirefarm.us/pages/foxfire_...oII.html#video

Has anyone here heard anything about his offspring yet? What type of mares he would be best to cross to, etc?
    Last edited by Blacktree; Jan. 5, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Blacktree Farm
    Lessons, training & sporthorse sales. Proud supporter of our buckskin German Warmblood stallion, Yeager GF.
    Blacktree Studio
    Graphic Design, Web Design & Photography.

No idea but what a nice stallion!

He reminds me of a coiled spring or a rubber ball when he is being ridden and jumped

Very impressive and congrats to Karen on her acquisition of such a wonderful new stallion!

Very nice looking stallion, certainly looks to have some size. I'd love to see some offspring.

Would he be ok to breed to if a mare has landgraf/ladykiller in 3rd gen -as I notice he has ladykiller 4 x in the 4th and 5th (but through three different sons.)
    Thanks

I'm still drooling after seeing that free jump.

I'd love to hear from some Holsteiner fans about types of mares that would be good for him (based on his pedigree, body type, etc).

omare- Limoncello's stallion son, Le Toquet (listed last below) is out of a mare with landgraf/ladykiller...

--------

Here are some babies that I have found:

4 y old mare, Limoncello II - Carano - Marmor - Mangon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V79T9XkF-M

Brown Holsteiner mare by Limoncello II/Camposanto/Cor de la Bryere - be sure to look at this one's free jumping pic!
    http://www.gestuet-hain.com/sporthorses/venice.html

Le Toquet v. Limoncello II – Loutano: 2005 stallion, third ranked at the stallion licensing at Neumünster 2007
    http://www.holsteiner-verband.de/cms...=1085&pageno=4
    and another pic of him is last on this page:
    http://www.pferdefoehr.de/9.html
    Blacktree Farm
    Lessons, training & sporthorse sales. Proud supporter of our buckskin German Warmblood stallion, Yeager GF.
    Blacktree Studio

he's a really ideal type from a top family and with all the 'bling' possibly needed for the various breeding objectives in north america.

while i would not hesitate to use a mare with more ladykiller, what is notably absent from his pedigree from a holsteiner perspective is any cor de la bryere (there's just a single shot 5 gens back in loutano). just the single shot of capitol is also no problem for mares without too much more.

he stands in a very nice, classical type and the athleticism is clear to see. usually one hears from germany about some weakness a stallion may have, but there has been nothing but positive about this fellow. the verband still have his half brother lasino to breed with and his full brother '1' is still over there somewhere too.

this was a new spin on the video karen just put out...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vl8z-fQDtk

the only thing wrong was 'one hundred and forty meters'. needless to say, karen has been teased. ;-)

Thanks for the info ne1, just the type of info I was looking for.

That's the same video clip that is embedded on his webpage - I didn't catch the meter thing though, those must be some big jumps! : )
    Blacktree Farm
    Blacktree Studio

Anne, I just sent you an email!

How big is he?

he was 166cm (16.1 1/2) when measured as a 2yo. he's obviously bigger now, but in holstein heights live with horses for life once taken at the 2yo approvals.

i haven't seen him in the flesh that i recall, but karen says 16.2-16.3 now.

He's gorgeous (even without the white ).
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ne1 View Post
    he's a really ideal type from a top family and with all the 'bling' possibly needed for the various breeding objectives in north america.

while i would not hesitate to use a mare with more ladykiller, what is notably absent from his pedigree from a holsteiner perspective is any cor de la bryere (there's just a single shot 5 gens back in loutano). just the single shot of capitol is also no problem for mares without too much more.

he stands in a very nice, classical type and the athleticism is clear to see. usually one hears from germany about some weakness a stallion may have, but there has been nothing but positive about this fellow. the verband still have his half brother lasino to breed with and his full brother '1' is still over there somewhere too.

this was a new spin on the video karen just put out...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vl8z-fQDtk

the only thing wrong was 'one hundred and forty meters'. needless to say, karen has been teased. ;-)
    I respect your opinion and actually have taken your advice with my Holsteiner mare Hillary by Caesar out of a Le Santo mare. I have frozen Carpaccio waiting for her this spring through Karen. So, since frozen is always scarey and if I'm lucky and she's still going strong in 2011 (after happily, I hope getting infoal to Carpaccio, lol) what do you think of her with Lemoncello II? I sure like the idea of fresh and like working with Karen.

Wow, I love this guy!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorses View Post
    what do you think of her with Lemoncello II?
    depending on the phenotype match, it looks good from a pedigree perspective!
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ljs+hypo

and even on her carpaccio daughter!
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ljs+hypo3

Does anyone use the hypo mating tool on sport-horse-data.com? I usually use that or the paardenfokken.nl ones, because I find allbreeds to frequently have bad info.

Sorry to derail. Back to Limoncello...

Did he stand in Denmark for a period of time?

What is the temperament of limoncello and his offspring??? Very interested but want the right fit for my mare

Quote Originally Posted by omare View Post
    Would he be ok to breed to if a mare has landgraf/ladykiller in 3rd gen -as I notice he has ladykiller 4 x in the 4th and 5th (but through three different sons.)
    Thanks

The grandfather Loutano is inbred to Landgraf. He is Landgraf / Calypso/Landgraf . Then you have Latino and Lord and then another Landgraf from your mare.

People who say they wouldn't hesitate to breed this way or that way don't have to raise , train and sell your horse either.Just my 2 cents......

Does he improve loin connection ? Does he throw correct pasterns (lenght) ?

My mare is Conquest x Corrado x Accord II. Would that be a good cross ?

These answers can only come from the few breeders in Germany that used him. No one.... on any chatroom , can tell you if he would be a good cross for your mare or not. You must do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Monaco View Post
    Does he improve loin connection ? Does he throw correct pasterns (lenght) ?

My mare is Conquest x Corrado x Accord II. Would that be a good cross ?
    Could you tell something more about your mare? What is the name of her mother (researching her motherline can give information about what kind of blood fit's with a mareline)? How is her type? A chatroom can be helpful for getting information. An advise doesn't mean that somebody should follow that advise!

1 members found this post helpful.