The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunter/Jumper barns in Cleveland?

My family and were going to temporarily live in Cleveland in a hotel due to a family member going to the Cleveland clinic for something, but our house is wrecked after Sandy and my step father has decided to tear it down and rebuild, but it could take a while, so we have gotten an apartment here in Cleveland.

I am wondering if you know of a good barn I can bring my pony to and my mom's horse to. I ride hunt seat and haven't been riding a long time, less than a year, but I eventually want to learn to jump, so I need lessons (I just learned to canter when we left NY in October). My mare is a GRP who gets fat really easy so she needs to go somewhere where she can be on a diet. My mom's gelding is a quarter horse and really nice and can go anywhere, but we want them together!

If you are in that area and know of anything let me know! My friend told me this is a good spot to find barns. Thanks!!

I'm sorry about your house. =[
    There is a place right next to Foster-Jimenez Show Stables, but I cannot remember its name. Twin Pine Stables, or something like that. Though that's more Western... There is Chagrin Valley Farms, which is not far from Cleveland. And if you are not opposed to a 45 min drive, Wolf Creek Equestrian Center is wonderful for boarding and lessons.
    Good luck!

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Sorry about your house.
    Do you know where in Cleveland the apartment is, because that might help point you in the right direction. I believe that there are quite a few places that would fit your needs, but where you will be commuting from will make a difference.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm