The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    I agree! I asked all of the same questions you asked, and was told there were ABSOLUTELY no signs. No, she did not look pregnant. Yes, apparently, period all the way through. Scares the crap out of me too!
    I know, right! I always thought that at least my period was good for one thing, to let me know I wasn't pregnant. And to find out you can still have normal bleeding and still be pregnant! Plus not show, have no feelings of movement, then one day BANG, you give birth! Not good, not good.....

A friend to had an endrocrine disease, and therefore had a lot of upper body/torso fat accumulation, and very irregular periods went for a work related physical. She discovered she was about eight months pregnant, and had the baby about a month later.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Starting with my momma.

So she has me and learns the ropes. For my younger sister, she figures "Hey, I got this."

Yeah well, that amounted to giving birth to my sister's head in the ER's parking lot, in the front seat of our volvo... the one with the cloth seats. I assume she stayed put, feet up on the conveniently placed dashboard and delivered the rest of the shebang there, too.

Seriously. Who does that?
    Me too.
    I gave birth so fast my doctor( we were both at the same hospital at the same time) missed all 3 of my births. They had to grab whatever doctor they could find. The last one she induced so she wouldn't miss it. She still did.

Yabbut notice all the variations in the pregnancy experiences! Some women know before the fetus is the size of a grape. Some get blindsided by the thing that remodeled their insides so that they could still button their jeans. Weird stuff.
    No kidding, with Baby #2 I knew I was pregnant when I got up to go to the bathroom after completing the conception.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bayboys View Post
    No kidding, with Baby #2 I knew I was pregnant when I got up to go to the bathroom after completing the conception.
    How'd you know? That's wicked fast.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

1 members found this post helpful.

How'd you know? That's wicked fast.
    I knew I was ovulating at the time, I can always tell when there's eggs floating around, and I swear I could just feel it. Told my husband that we'd just made a baby. I was smug as a cat with cream when the test confirmed it a few weeks later.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

Quote Originally Posted by 2bayboys View Post
    I knew I was ovulating at the time, I can always tell when there's eggs floating around, and I swear I could just feel it. Told my husband that we'd just made a baby. I was smug as a cat with cream when the test confirmed it a few weeks later.
    You got me beat. I knew 2 days after when I ate cold pizza for breakfast and then took a nap with my then 2 year old son and had to drag myself out of bed 3 hours later.
    "The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed" UK

I was 26 weeks and only found out because I went for my annual exam and my gyn asked me three times if I was sure I wasn't pregnant before she made me pee in a cup. Totally tmi but apparently your cervix changes color that's how she knew. I was on the pill and my off week would have light bleeding each time. I wonder how long I would have gone before I figured things out. I wore regular pants until 33 weeks and delivered at 38. Nurse said on a scale of awfulness my labor and delivery was a 9.5 out of 10, but I figure dd and I both came out of it alive so it wasn't THAT bad

1 members found this post helpful.