The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

They mentioned it on GMA and gave his outfit a big thumbs down. Hadn't seen the picture before, he did indeed look awful. I think his excuse was that he didn't travel with dress-up clothes--guess he couldn't afford to buy/rent some?

Pardon my language, but if he's trying to fake being a rapper, isn't he awfully WHITE for that?

2 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

It has long been a mystery to me how a white kid from Vancouver, BC developed such a "stereotyped" pattern of speech, kind what is "expected" from a rap star--is that like everyone in country music has to have a corny Southern accent?

He's a classless kid whose handlers/PR people should be fired for this.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    They mentioned it on GMA and gave his outfit a big thumbs down. Hadn't seen the picture before, he did indeed look awful. I think his excuse was that he didn't travel with dress-up clothes--guess he couldn't afford to buy/rent some?

Pardon my language, but if he's trying to fake being a rapper, isn't he awfully WHITE for that?
    Do they not have WalMart in Canada? He could have ran in and grabbed a pair of nice slacks, button down shirt and *horrors* a tie for only like $50. Where is his mother that famously took his cell phone away because he didn't do his chores?
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Quote Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
    They mentioned it on GMA and gave his outfit a big thumbs down. Hadn't seen the picture before, he did indeed look awful. I think his excuse was that he didn't travel with dress-up clothes--
    What, was his meeting with the Prime Minister at a surprise party?

The excuse I heard was that he was coming straight from a performance and was running late, so he didn't have time to change. That doesn't cut it in my mind. He could have changed clothes in the car. Teenagers manage to do that all the time, and in little cars, not limousines.

If I can get from a horse show to prom and look reasonable, Justin Bieber can get from a performance to a meeting with the PM just fine. IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    If I can get from a horse show to prom and look reasonable, Justin Bieber can get from a performance to a meeting with the PM just fine. IMO.
    Yep......totally agree!

And after watching his mess of a performance at the Grey Cup we did come up with a "Justine Bieber drinking game" (yes his name is spelt wrong on purpose"!! Everytime he grabs/feels his crotch take a drink.......I was drunk before the end of his first song! LOL
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

The least he could have done was take that damned cap off!! Damned well disrespectful to wear a cap under such circumstances - you should NOT be wearing a lid when greeting the the PM, a Primier, any elected government official, or the Queen and/or her representatives, with exceptional circumstances such as outdoor presentations, general town hall style meetings or if they are visiting your place of work where headwear is required. Men should remove caps and hats in such places.

Bieber sent me screaming from the room when he came on during half-time yesteday. Listened to Lightfoot then this damned fool came on and I left. So ticked I missed all but the last few minutes of the last quarter
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Yep......totally agree!

And after watching his mess of a performance at the Grey Cup we did come up with a "Justine Bieber drinking game" (yes his name is spelt wrong on purpose"!! Everytime he grabs/feels his crotch take a drink.......I was drunk before the end of his first song! LOL

Thank heavens I bolted after Gordon Lightfoot. Brian Williams did his, and now here's..........and I was gone so fast I never even heard who was next. I do recall hearing assorted out of tune caterwauling and mechanically 'enhanced' voices but don't know which culprit was which - they were all out of tune as far as I could hear from this room.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sk_pacer View Post
    The least he could have done was take that damned cap off!! Damned well disrespectful to wear a cap under such circumstances - you should NOT be wearing a lid when greeting the the PM, a Primier, any elected government official, or the Queen and/or her representatives, with exceptional circumstances such as outdoor presentations, general town hall style meetings or if they are visiting your place of work where headwear is required. Men should remove caps and hats in such places.
    Agree 100%. I was raised that you take your hat off when you walk in the door, when the National Anthem plays, when you are meeting somebody important, if somebody is praying, or you're sitting down for a meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Just heard on the radio that Beiber got booed last night after his performance at the Grey Cup. Undoubtedly, in part or perhaps entirely, this was a direct reaction to his disrespect for the country.

hope this hasn't got the typos my other posts have.....

If you're not a teenybopper, who cares? He's a heartthrob for 14-year-old girls. I am not familiar with his music although I am certainly aware of his star status among the young teen set since he's in the news often. That said, I googled this topic and found this interesting news item which excuses him in my mind. Since he apparently discussed his attire beforehand with the Prime Minister, I think this is probably a publicity stunt of the All News Is Good News variety.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1208072

It appears that Prime Minister Stephen Harper presented the award to Bieber at a hockey arena where Bieber was working. According to the NY Daily News site, the Prime Minister tweeted:

“In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearin my overalls too,” Harper tweeted Saturday.

The article continues:

Bieber similarly defended himself on Twitter after the photo went viral.

"The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where I was performing at that day," he wrote. "I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you ... expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan ... a suit at that specific time that's crazy.

"It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena..."

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPie View Post
    If you're not a teenybopper, who cares? He's a heartthrob for 14-year-old girls. I am not familiar with his music although I am certainly aware of his star status among the young teen set since he's in the news often. That said, I googled this topic and found this interesting news item which excuses him in my mind. Since he apparently discussed his attire beforehand with the Prime Minister, I think this is probably a publicity stunt of the All News Is Good News variety.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1208072

It appears that Prime Minister Stephen Harper presented the award to Bieber at a hockey arena where Bieber was working. According to the NY Daily News site, the Prime Minister tweeted:

“In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearin my overalls too,” Harper tweeted Saturday.

The article continues:

Bieber similarly defended himself on Twitter after the photo went viral.

"The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where I was performing at that day," he wrote. "I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you ... expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan ... a suit at that specific time that's crazy.

"It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena..."
    I think the 14 year olds have moved up to One Direction....

but the kid still needs to be strangled with the unused strap from his overalls.
    That is not a fashion that needs to come back, not to mention the vanilla thug theme has been done to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    but the kid still needs to be strangled with the unused strap from his overalls.